The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Maybe if he came from Brentford Dean would give him relentless 90 minute appearances week in week out no matter how many chances he misses? Smith has never given Keinan a fair go. We'll lose Davis and he'll go on to do very well at this level somewhere else.
Is that a pop at Watkins? If it is then give your head a wobble, he's been excellent for us this season

Maybe if he came from Brentford Dean would give him relentless 90 minute appearances week in week out no matter how many chances he misses? Smith has never given Keinan a fair go. We'll lose Davis and he'll go on to do very well at this level somewhere else.

Ok , fine you have an opinion you are entitled to but what exactly is your evidence for saying he will do very well in the premier league?.

I don’t know enough about this lad. I can’t remember seeing him play a full game for ages but I seem to remember him being linked with big team moves a few years back. Probably paper talk at the time.
Injury has certainly held him back.

I don’t know enough about this lad. I can’t remember seeing him play a full game for ages but I seem to remember him being linked with big team moves a few years back. Probably paper talk at the time.
Injury has certainly held him back.

He was linked to arsenal and man utd during his first, and only really, run in the team in the 17/18 season. He was our only striker for a while and did brilliantly for a while then disappeared in the later part of the season.

The guy needs to leave on loan or permanently for the sake of his career. He will never get any real game time for us and he's young enough to go and carve a real career rather than sit around on our bench till he's finally out of contract and no one wants him.

Is that a pop at Watkins? If it is then give your head a wobble, he's been excellent for us this season

More of a pop at Smith and his unwarranted favouritism towards Watkins. Ollie has done well but excellent is a stretch. He definitely does not warrant unlimited 90 minutes week in week out no questions asked. It also does him no favours because he is now starting to struggle with confidence as the opposition know how to stop him. Davis must have seriously offended Smith behind the scenes at some point.

Ok , fine you have an opinion you are entitled to but what exactly is your evidence for saying he will do very well in the premier league?.

No evidence whatsoever. You've got me there and if he moves on time will tell. I just think he has the attributes to do well at a Brighton or a Burnley.

From what I've seen of Davis, I too have no definitive evidence he will make it, but he always looks to have the attributes to make it to me. I'd like him in the team starting regularly now alongside Watkins. I would also still prefer him in the team to a fit again Wesley, who might have scored a couple of goals last season, but his overall game, hold up play and contribution to the team is less than what Davis would bring. Carrying on with a stranded, isolated Watkins should not be an option.

How is Smiths favouring of Watkins unwarranted exactly when he's scored more goals in his first month or so at Villa than Davis has in his whole career.

If anything giving Davis a new contract and making him our undisputed second choice striker in the Premier league seems unwarranted to me. Especially as he seems to not trust him to come on and get a goal for him in situations like yesterday.

I said it at the end of the "summer" window and the January one. Not signing another striker was a big mistake. All of our eggs are in one Watkins shaped basket now. Nit that Ollie has done badly by any means but like Wesley last year where we made the same mistake the bloke needs some help every now and then.

I should say that I like Davis but he never should have been put in this position where he's the next choice if our 30m record signing gets injured or suspended.

He’s been completely mismanaged at the age he is, should of spent this season out on loan and for the sake of our progression and his, he cannot be on the bench next season.

Unfortunately he’s quite injury prone too which has halted him, we love a player that comes through the ranks and perhaps want them to do well at the sake of our progression which needs to stop.

Davis and Vassilev need to go out on loan, and if Barry isn’t getting a fair 30 minutes on for Watkins next season then he needs to go out on loan too, I’m sure a championship club would play him in a 2 striker partnership.

The only time Dean will play Davis is if Ollie gets injured. It seems to be in his DNA that he can’t change his system. He had a go last year when he went to 5 at the back but those were desperate times. Last night was a good opportunity to attack Newcastle with two up front. He had another opportunity when Traore went off but surprise surprise, like for like despite the team failing to make an impact.

The only time Dean will play Davis is if Ollie gets injured. It seems to be in his DNA that he can’t change his system. He had a go last year when he went to 5 at the back but those were desperate times. Last night was a good opportunity to attack Newcastle with two up front. He had another opportunity when Traore went off but surprise surprise, like for like despite the team failing to make an impact.
You'd think smith would learn but he's either stubborn or blinkered.

Thought the big mans thread deserved a bump after his performance today. He and Trez completely changed the game. Keep it up Keinan.