The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

I do think he has some limited qualities, but training exercises versus the real thing seem a big stretch for Keinan.

Even when he does find his feet on the odd occasion he gets injured for 6 months so it’s probably a waste of time for us to keep paying him.
Pity he didn't go out on loan Dan, I'm sure it would have done him some good, I like him, but i don't think his future is with us.

Probably not best to use the word donkey when discussing starting our Keinan in a game.

Well, actually, I suppose it is quite apt.

I do wonder if he could put a shift in, in midfield, even if not for us, for another club. He is strong on the ball, just doesn't seem to be able to finish, which for me, is sort of a big thing for a striker!

If I Could use an analogy, we are using a Ferrari (Watkins) to go to the tip, when we should be using the 57 plate Mondeo Estate (Davis) and keeping the Ferrari for fun stuff

I do wonder if he could put a shift in, in midfield, even if not for us, for another club. He is strong on the ball, just doesn't seem to be able to finish, which for me, is sort of a big thing for a striker!

I think he'll end up being a very good target man centre forward for either championship or league 1 teams. I doubt he'll ever score any serious amount of goals but if he can create enough chaos someone will have him. He's just never going to get a proper opportunity with us.

Getting more and more embarrassing with Davis. I mean a team playing championship football next season down to 10 men on 60 odd mins and Deano and the coaching team still thinks he is not an option and he doesn’t come on until 81 mins .
And, he only comes on for the hail mary last throw of the dice crossing. Says it all if that’s all he is good for. That style of play is nowhere near what we do from the start of any game so no way is he starting anytime soon.
He isn’t making it . Not a chance. And is purely there to make the numbers up because Wesley is injured and inexplicably we haven’t purchased another forward (probably because Wesley was expected back).

I don't rate Davis, at all, but Smith was the problem last night and not him. It took him until 67 minutes to make any changes when we had a dreadful first half with some incredibly poor displays from McGinn, Ramsay and the two wingers.

Back to Davis, he clearly won't make it here, for the good of his career he should look to drop down a level next season.

I’d rather Barry was given a chance in the squad over Davis, I just can’t ever see him getting a go unless it’s sheer desperation i.e. we’re losing with a few minutes to go, and in those circumstances I just can’t see him scoring because he’s simply not a goalscorer, as proven by the fact he hasn’t scored in a proper game for years

needs to go out on loan for a few seasons in the championship like tammy did and who knows he may become decent or it may make his value go up like tammys did when he was a champoinship player dont forget wolves was going to pay chelsea £40 million for tammy when he was at villa

Keinan should have been brought on with 30 minutes to go last night, not 10. They were clearly trying to force us into putting crosses in and stop us getting in behind. Ollie isnt the type of forward to be beating those big lumps in the air regularly. At least with Keinan he can win the flicks and knock downs, laying it off for Ollie and the others.

I’d rather Barry was given a chance in the squad over Davis, I just can’t ever see him getting a go unless it’s sheer desperation i.e. we’re losing with a few minutes to go, and in those circumstances I just can’t see him scoring because he’s simply not a goalscorer, as proven by the fact he hasn’t scored in a proper game for years

I don’t think he’s had a proper opportunity for years. The more I watch the current performances the more I think Ollie needs some support rather like Wesley last season. I’m not sure two wingers and one man in the middle is cutting it.

Proper opportunity?.

Does he not turn up to training then?. Does he not play in training matches or behind closed door games?.

Quite simple really. You are good enough. You play . He has had ample opportunity in his 58 appearances.

I don’t think he’s had a proper opportunity for years. The more I watch the current performances the more I think Ollie needs some support rather like Wesley last season. I’m not sure two wingers and one man in the middle is cutting it.
I get your point but it’s a chicken and egg situation, he isn’t playing because he’s not good enough, and he’s not good enough because he’s not playing. That was my original point really, just can’t see the situation ever changing for him and it’s surely best for both parties to look for something different. For the record I have previously backed Davis but looking at his lack of involvement this season it looks like he’s hit a brick wall with us