The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Use Davis to his strengths and today showed what he can change in a game. It won't work every week but today wouldn't have happened if he'd had the final 5 minutes.

But he's not a scorer and that's why his time with us should be limited. BUT whilst here, he gives us something different and we have to use it. We should've used it before now, but I'll repeat, hopefully today gives DS the confidence to try this more often even if it's not his preferred philosophy.

Good managers imprint their wants on a squad and get them to play that way - great managers work with what they have and get the most from them until they get the squad that 100% suits their wants.

You could see what the assist meant to him....whatever his faults, his clearly cares and that's good enough for me now (Barkley are you listening?).

Use Davis to his strengths and today showed what he can change in a game. It won't work every week but today wouldn't have happened if he'd had the final 5 minutes.

But he's not a scorer and that's why his time with us should be limited. BUT whilst here, he gives us something different and we have to use it. We should've used it before now, but I'll repeat, hopefully today gives DS the confidence to try this more often even if it's not his preferred philosophy.

Good managers imprint their wants on a squad and get them to play that way - great managers work with what they have and get the most from them until they get the squad that 100% suits their wants.

You could see what the assist meant to him....whatever his faults, his clearly cares and that's good enough for me now (Barkley are you listening?).
I wonder if he performs better in training as a goalscorer than during matches.

Well done Kienan. He’ll probably never be a regular top league striker unless Burnley come in for him, but coming off the bench and giving us a plan B with the ability to set up a goal is what he can do. The injuries concern me and we need more than two good sub appearances per season though.

Last edited:
A lot criticise him because he cant score goals, but he offers a lot more in other aspects of his game. We seen yesterday when given more than the usual 5 mins, he can be a nightmare for defenders. his addition helped Watkins a lot.

davies is a bully up front and just because he dont score that many him self he could still play a big part and be like a heskey type play and be a real pain in there back sides
i thought the last 15-20 minutes yesterday we looked more of a threat than we have since grealish has been out

So happy for him. Still not sure if he'll make it at this level he's deserved that goal so much. Its no small thing to go from non league at 17/18 to scoring in the Premier league. I hope he starts next time out.

I've never ever doubted him and he still hasn't played a full game in the PL I don't think he's played a full game in about 3 years, Injuries have killed him.
I'd play him next game and Watkins wider as he's really gone off the boil.
Dean won't but I would

I may have been only slightly critical of Keinan in the past :lol: but nevertheless pleased for him . Has a million miles to go to convince me he will be any sort of long term striker for us but equalising last min to doom the Tesco bags is a good start. Deano needs to change the team up as we are just lamely finishing the season and if that means our Keinan plays , so be it because we are a tough watch I’m afraid.

Funny thing is we normally roll out the red carpet for an out of form striker or one that hardly ever scores . Thanks Tesco Bags :rofl:

No problem praising when due. It’s a good thing to do. Some others should try it.

Last edited:
I'm happy with Keinan making an impact from the bench, it's just that 10mins is not enough time, if the changes were made earlier i'm sure we would have won that game and a few others this season, Sticking with players out there that are having a nightmare hoping things will improve, will always cost us. I'm not sure he should start, but at least give him more time.