The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

He's got no chance of being the next Carew. All the titty bars are closed!

Seriously I can't believe this conversation though. People comparing him with some of the Premier Leagues best ever players! Based on what?

He should be compared with other Championship flops who go on to make a living in the lower leagues. Maybe he could start a cab firm like Stefan Moore?

And on the same theme Ian Taylor was still playing for Moor Green when he was 24, until finally breaking through to play for Port Vale for 2 years until 26.

To which I might add - I don't know whether JF remembers, but I do - a certain Jamie Vardy was still non-league at a similar age, when I sent a lengthy article to him from the Huddersfield Examiner which echoed my view. Having watched him at Fleetwood for two years), I wanted to recommend Vardy to Villa myself, but thought it better to come from a somebody, rather than a nobody!

Always say, you never know!

Confused .

When did the Keinan Davis thread become the Allardyce should replace Smith thread
Don't remember anyone saying that 6 months ago

As I said earlier. This thread is cccccrrrrrraaaaaazzzzzyyyyy

He's signed a new deal recently so he's obviously not going anywhere permanently just yet.

I still think he needs to be loaned out. He's not at this current time an adequate second choice striker for a team that could finish top 10 in the Premier league.

We need another, better striker. Hopefully we'll sign one this window either permanently or on loan. Plus we've Wesley coming back. So that would leave Davis as 3rd or maybe even 4th choice which doesn't do him or us any good.

Sign a striker. Loan Davis out to a championship club. Tell him if he stays fit and scores a few he'll get his chance next season.

Since he's on everyone's tongue at the moment thought I'd bring this topic back up.

Looks like Davis will be the man to lead the line if Watkins get's injured, No more signings incoming according to Smith today.

The lad's 22, hasn't had any loan opportunities since joining us in 2015 from Biggleswade Town who got him from Stevenage 6 months prior to moving there both on free transfers.

Has played for the England U20 team, scored 2 goals in 3 games.

Under Aston Villa he's scored 2 goals 4 assists in 34 Championship games, which works out to 17.5 games between 16/17-17/18, in 18/19 he only managed 6 subs that together accumulated to 120 minutes.

Scored in the FA CUP 17-18

19/20 18 games - works out to less than 6 games, he made 4 starts so some how the minutes he did get was 14 games squashed into 2 games worth = what's the point.

19/20 Scored and assisted in the EFL CUP - Works out to 3 games
20/21 Scored and assisted in the EFL CUP Works out to 2 games

20/21 The lad has 5 subs equalling 49 minutes, basically;
28 minutes vs Sheffield Utd,
10 minutes Burnley,
3 minutes vs Chelsea,
6 minutes vs Man Utd,
2 minutes vs Burnley.

Overall including all competitions including 23's/21's.

108 games 12 goals, 14 assists, 51 subs on, 37 subs off, 433 minutes per goal, 5200 minutes since joining us = 57 games.

Probably the most mismanaged player we have at the club.

We shouldn't be relying on a player who some think is shite and some think has potential.

We should have another striker ahead of him right now, he's not the lad to turn to if Ollie gets injured.

It hasn't helped that Keinan has an awful injury record. Every time he's looked like getting a run of games in the team, he pulls a muscle and is out for a month or more. Only giving him 5 minutes off the bench and expecting him to pull a goal out of nowhere doesn't make his stats look great either.
He probably could do with going out on loan until the end of the season, but then we could be in the shit if Ollie gets injured/suspended.

Needs a loan move and needs to prove himself. If he were to do well then we should keep him.

So far I see a player who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and is no where near good enough for where we want to go. At this stage I can't wait for Wesley to come back, KD looks that bad to me.

Smith don't seem that concerned about the situation, maybe he thinks a few of the others can move into that role.