The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Thanks for reminding me Idgavfc. I’m not up to speed on our younger players although I remember talking to a bloke at half time, (remember those days?) , who lived near to the lads and he said that the younger one was an even better prospect than Jacob.

People always say that.

Gary is better than Craig.
Luke is better than Stefan.
Aaron is better than Jacob.

Whenever there are two brothers and the older one makes it, people always say the younger one is even better.

I feel sorry for the older ones. Might as well hang up their boots and become agents for their kid brothers. :p

100% agree with the point Deano, but unfortunately in the case of GG and LM they were better lol

No idea on the Ramsey's as I haven't kept up like I used to, but both Moore brothers surprised me with how quickly they each went off the boil after being discarded.

Oh Monny favouring a finisher and not someone who ran around like a headless chicken.

100% agree with the point Deano, but unfortunately in the case of GG and LM they were better lol

As much as I hate Craig, he's gone on to have a far far better career than Gary. Craig can be regarded as a decent premiership footballer. Gary can't.

The Moore brothers is a tricky one coz both ultimately failed and were rubbish. Stefan just realised sooner he wasn't going to make it properly and gave up, whereas luke kept on trying and falling down to find his level eventually in the MLS. I think Stefan could have had a similarly crap career had he wanted it.

After this season what's the point though ? Someone I think @Pangloss made a fair point that he's only scored pen's out of the goals he scored last season.

He's 29 currently can't get into the Bournemouth squad, average rating this season 6.16, 9 games just 370 minutes played.

He wanted 100k a week just makes zero sense to me, Like @Fulford mentioned before if we're really going to look at Championship players to do a job then you've got players like Lucas João who a lot slated because he's at the age he is 27, but he's 2 years younger, will cost less than half King wants a week.

King 29- 9 games - 0 goals - rating 6.16
Joao 27- 19 games, 16 goals, 4 assists, 4 MotM, rating 7.40

But apparently he's shit because no one's heard of him, yet when you watch the goals he scores and the goals King scored in the past, he's got a lot more to offer, I'd rather have him on the bench than King that's for sure, especially now Davis is injured and Wesley's no where near.

Of course I'd rather Edouard if I had a choice.
I think you'll find King is looking to leave Bournemouth hence him not playing, they are going to play a bloke who is looking to leave and not giving his all .
Joao championship player who we haven't to my knowledge even been linked with and neither have anyone else . Lots of clubs linked to wanting King including us

No idea on the Ramsey's as I haven't kept up like I used to, but both Moore brothers surprised me with how quickly they each went off the boil after being discarded.

Oh Monny favouring a finisher and not someone who ran around like a headless chicken.

I remember you harping on about Luke Moore's hattrick at Boro ages after he had lost "it", just like some who couldn't see Gabby had "gone" 5 years ago.
Most of it is down to attitude and thinking they have "made it" The Gareth Barry's and Milners are the exception , proper players proper pro's

I saw both Craig and Gary Gardner play for us at youth level and in fairness Gary was miles better than his brother who wad always just a try hard run around player who got stuck in and could hit a ball hard. Gary was a proper player but suffered 2 near career ending injuries before he was 21 that destroyed him.

As much as I hate Craig, he's gone on to have a far far better career than Gary. Craig can be regarded as a decent premiership footballer. Gary can't.

The Moore brothers is a tricky one coz both ultimately failed and were rubbish. Stefan just realised sooner he wasn't going to make it properly and gave up, whereas luke kept on trying and falling down to find his level eventually in the MLS. I think Stefan could have had a similarly crap career had he wanted it.
I think Luke had something but just not the desire and application. He made a promising start and was great at youth level.

When it comes to Craig Gardner. The numbers don't lie, had over 10 years as a premier league player, I never rated him outside of a good shot though. Gary was a better footballer who was ruined by a bad injury.

I think Luke had something but just not the desire and application. He made a promising start and was great at youth level.

When it comes to Craig Gardner. The numbers don't lie, had over 10 years as a premier league player, I never rated him outside of a good shot though. Gary was a better footballer who was ruined by a bad injury.
Best of all the kids was Gary Shaw ruined by injury and a liking of the pop allegedly, What a player he was and could have been an England legend .

I think you'll find King is looking to leave Bournemouth hence him not playing, they are going to play a bloke who is looking to leave and not giving his all .
Joao championship player who we haven't to my knowledge even been linked with and neither have anyone else . Lots of clubs linked to wanting King including us

We're not really being linked with King either, just bullshit hype men in the media, So we want a player who's playing rubbish for his club, he's 29 and has a poor attitude to sell himself this Jan by producing for Bournemouth with the likes of Brooks giving him service ? Sounds like a player we would dodge to me, and he'll just be a 100k a week bench man so I don't see how he'll have a better attitude with us.

We haven't been linked to Joao but it's only the likes of Gabby, Mills and other pundits who are making noise we should go for him which is what is making the news.

Luke was a strange one. Good enough that a load of managers gave him a try, but none of them stuck with him.

After looking at Twitter, Hereford fans saying they now have 4 LB's.... He better be starting otherwise there's zero point.

He isn't actually a lb. He's a right footed central midfielder. He was only playing lb as presumably whoever we normally play there for the under 23s was isolating as well. Every time I've ever seen him before last Friday he's been in midfield.

He isn't actually a lb. He's a right footed central midfielder. He was only playing lb as presumably whoever we normally play there for the under 23s was isolating as well. Every time I've ever seen him before last Friday he's been in midfield.

Player Info
Callum Rowe has been a part of the club’s Under-23 squad since the 2016/17 season. Predominantly playing as a full-back, the Leicester native has been a regular feature in the past two Premier League 2 seasons.
He also featured in both of Aston Villa’s EFL Trophy games in the 2019/20 season. Rowe made his senior debut for the club against Liverpool in the FA Cup third round in January 2021.

AVFC site mate https://www.avfc.co.uk/players/u23/callumrowe

Morgan Sanson who we've been linked with several times is reportedly in talks with an unnamed English club. Unlikely to be us but if the Hourihane rumours are true then perhaps we're bringing someone in.

I'd be amazed if we were in for him and not get either of his team mates Thuavin or Amavi who have 6 months left, Where would Morgan play ? He's a decent player but plays in the middle but also he's valued at 18m and still has 1.5 years to run on his contract, no doubt they'd want another 10m on that, so I doubt we'd go for him, be interesting to see where he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.