The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 51 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him. At 21 I think his career most likely lies elsewhere but he showed in the cup game he does have something about him and could work his way back up if he keeps working hard

Yes, Hereford is a very low standard these days - my grandad will be turning in his grave for me saying that who was a STH there for decades when they were a league side. Just noticed Kiddy in that league too, that’s a big drop for them. At least they have a nice stadium I guess...

Yes, Hereford is a very low standard these days - my grandad will be turning in his grave for me saying that who was a STH there for decades when they were a league side. Just noticed Kiddy in that league too, that’s a big drop for them. At least they have a nice stadium I guess...

7 ex-football league teams in that division, I was expecting loads of village teams

Player Info
Callum Rowe has been a part of the club’s Under-23 squad since the 2016/17 season. Predominantly playing as a full-back, the Leicester native has been a regular feature in the past two Premier League 2 seasons.
He also featured in both of Aston Villa’s EFL Trophy games in the 2019/20 season. Rowe made his senior debut for the club against Liverpool in the FA Cup third round in January 2021.

AVFC site mate https://www.avfc.co.uk/players/u23/callumrowe

Perhaps I'm confusing him with someone else then.

This guy is normally pretty reliable in my experience. If we're in for Sanson now in January then the owners are seriously backing Smith to make a push for Europe.

He also said Rashica was signing every week for like 3 months in the summer, he also said we're in talks to sign Thauvin this window last summer too, I heard he's reliable but I don't know.

To me it doesn't make sense, the lad plays central, not as an attacking midfielder either, Unless Deano wants to switch back to the 4,3,3 which again doesn't make sense with the success we've had in the 4,2,3,1, the lads also too good to sit on the bench, but the weakest part of his game is his passing, so it's really mixed.

Can't be too good to sit on the Villa bench, 26 and he's never played for anyone better than Marseille. We do need competition for Douglas and McGinn so it makes sense.

Can't be too good to sit on the Villa bench, 26 and he's never played for anyone better than Marseille. We do need competition for Douglas and McGinn so it makes sense.
Played in the CL though apparently, that's where it's at mate. Would be following a long line of great French players to have worn the Claret and Blue :rolleyes:

Not about that at all, it's about the players progression and any player worth his salt wants to be playing week in week out, he won't be replacing McGinn, Luiz or Barkley, might claim RW, but that's exactly my point.

Why the hell would a player want to drop Champions League football/Europa when they finished 2nd last season and regarded as one of the best players in the French league to sit on our bench and become a nobody over night ? When he could probably start for some other team in the Prem, doesn't make sense to me, that's exactly where we should be spending 20m on a Olise not 20m+ on a player who will start to grumble like a Guilbert who's already said he's leaving this season if he doesn't start, so in Guilbert's mind he's too good for our bench, It doesn't add up, I'd take him and have him on the bench but if I was the players agent I would be saying f that.

Not about that at all, it's about the players progression and any player worth his salt wants to be playing week in week out, he won't be replacing McGinn, Luiz or Barkley, might claim RW, but that's exactly my point.

Why the hell would a player want to drop Champions League football/Europa when they finished 2nd last season and regarded as one of the best players in the French league to sit on our bench and become a nobody over night ? When he could probably start for some other team in the Prem, doesn't make sense to me, that's exactly where we should be spending 20m on a Olise not 20m+ on a player who will start to grumble like a Guilbert, It doesn't add up, I'd take him and have him on the bench but if I was the players agent I would be saying f that.
Well if he one of the best in France why wouldn't he want to play for Villa in the PL for more money and if he's so good surely he'd back himself to oust SJM Barkley or Dougie?

Well if he one of the best in France why wouldn't he want to play for Villa in the PL for more money and if he's so good surely he'd back himself to oust SJM Barkley or Dougie?

Because if he's done his research on us then he'll know Deano likes a settled side and absolutely loves Luiz and McGinn.

I don't know I think there's better players we can attract and I think there's better clubs suited for him, If his contract was running out like Amavi and Thauvin I'd say damn right and secure him up, but it's not running out until 2022, It's frustrating to fuck as Thauvin is much better than him and would actually slot straight into our team, and would be a cheaper more viable option from Marseille.

Because if he's done his research on us then he'll know Deano likes a settled side and absolutely loves Luiz and McGinn.

I don't know I think there's better players we can attract and I think there's better clubs suited for him, If his contract was running out like Amavi and Thauvin I'd say damn right and secure him up, but it's not running out until 2022, It's frustrating to fuck as Thauvin is much better than him and would actually slot straight into our team, and would be a cheaper more viable option from Marseille.

2022 is next year so not going to command a huge fee, I don't watch French football as it's never been very good certainly not as good as their national team has been. Their league is crap and our record of recruiting French players is pretty poor Ginola being the only one of any note and he didn't want to be here.
Who knows what Lange will throw up, we seemed to get linked to French players every window but nothing really come of it. Give me a good Scandinavian any day much better fit at Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.