The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. We loaned Easah Suliman to Grimsby a few years ago and he barely got a go. Mings was playing non league at a similar age so no need to write him off yet.

That was one of the guys I was thinking of. Just checked and he's playing for some mid-table Portuguese team now

Dominic Revan joins Weymouth on loan. No disrespect to Weymouth or the conference but I'd have thought a few teams in higher leagues might be interested in him after his excellent performance last week.

I think they are very careful where they are allowed to go? They make sure they are going to get the right experience, coaching etc etc.

I think they are very careful where they are allowed to go? They make sure they are going to get the right experience, coaching etc etc.
Even if their coaching is reasonable the standard is still pretty low. I guess the most important thing is regular game time. Hopefully with Covid non league isn’t at a greater risk of severe disruption or cancellations

The performance Revan put in I was bloody impressed, should of got a loan spell to a struggling league one side, but at least he's got out.

If it's true Bournemouth have slapped on 50m price tag for Brooks we need to keep away, he's a decent player but I don't actually think he is good enough especially for that price, if we spent anything over 30m for him I would think someone's lost the plot.

The performance Revan put in I was bloody impressed, should of got a loan spell to a struggling league one side, but at least he's got out.

He's been around now for a few seasons and CB is a hard position to loan out to lower leagues, they are typically tough hard thugs in the lower leagues, no places for kids

He's been around now for a few seasons and CB is a hard position to loan out to lower leagues, they are typically tough hard thugs in the lower leagues, no places for kids

I thought he looked tough to be honest, he looks like a man as well, he's not some young Clark or Ridgewell the lad looks like he can handle himself and isn't afraid to get stuck in, it's what I thought anyway, Bridge on the other hand I think he acts/looks more like a boy but is seen as the one with the bigger potential.

I thought he looked tough to be honest, he looks like a man as well, he's not some young Clark or Ridgewell the lad looks like he can handle himself and isn't afraid to get stuck in, it's what I thought anyway, Bridge on the other hand I think he acts/looks more like a boy but is seen as the one with the bigger potential.
We'll sure find out playing in the Non league scene

Conference isn't a terrible standard. He's playing the likes of Hartlepool and Nott's County, still decent clubs with decent players. Half a season there playing week in week out is better than half a season sat on the bench at Ipswich or Luton.

Maybe he's making a fair point . We need more firepower
I wouldn’t say we “need” more firepower as we’re currently 3rd top scorers per game in the league. If a decent back up option to Watkins became available then maybe we should act but it’s a tweak to the squad rather than addressing a “need”

Maybe he's making a fair point . We need more firepower

After this season what's the point though ? Someone I think @Pangloss made a fair point that he's only scored pen's out of the goals he scored last season.

He's 29 currently can't get into the Bournemouth squad, average rating this season 6.16, 9 games just 370 minutes played.

He wanted 100k a week just makes zero sense to me, Like @Fulford mentioned before if we're really going to look at Championship players to do a job then you've got players like Lucas João who a lot slated because he's at the age he is 27, but he's 2 years younger, will cost less than half King wants a week.

King 29- 9 games - 0 goals - rating 6.16
Joao 27- 19 games, 16 goals, 4 assists, 4 MotM, rating 7.40

But apparently he's shit because no one's heard of him, yet when you watch the goals he scores and the goals King scored in the past, he's got a lot more to offer, I'd rather have him on the bench than King that's for sure, especially now Davis is injured and Wesley's no where near.

Of course I'd rather Edouard if I had a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.