The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about continuing to build a squad. The January window isn’t easy and quality is hard to find.We all know our bench is weak and looks like Sanson would be a clear upgrade on the likes of Hourihane and will therefore provide some more competition in the middle of the park. It’s also sending out a message to those that continue to regard us as an afterthought. We really do have owners who are serious about getting the club competing again at the top end of the league and have plenty of funds to help us achieve it.

When I think French Villa players I think Mathieu Berson and Didier Agathe.
Lol, forgotten about them, for some reason :lol:

I conjure up Didier Six and then the Jordans (Amavi, Veretout) who have gone on to show they were not as bad as many thought.

But it's true, our track record from France in largely forgettable. As @Villan57 said, much prefer Scandinavians, who have fared much better at B6.

Lol, forgotten about them, for some reason :lol:

I conjure up Didier Six and then the Jordans (Amavi, Veretout) who have gone on to show they were not as bad as many thought.

But it's true, our track record from France in largely forgettable. As @Villan57 said, much prefer Scandinavians, who have fared much better at B6.
Let's not forget an ancient Pires as well.

Not about that at all, it's about the players progression and any player worth his salt wants to be playing week in week out, he won't be replacing McGinn, Luiz or Barkley, might claim RW, but that's exactly my point.

Why the hell would a player want to drop Champions League football/Europa when they finished 2nd last season and regarded as one of the best players in the French league to sit on our bench and become a nobody over night ? When he could probably start for some other team in the Prem, doesn't make sense to me, that's exactly where we should be spending 20m on a Olise not 20m+ on a player who will start to grumble like a Guilbert who's already said he's leaving this season if he doesn't start, so in Guilbert's mind he's too good for our bench, It doesn't add up, I'd take him and have him on the bench but if I was the players agent I would be saying f that.

I disagree, if he is actually as good as made out then it shouldn't be much of a challenge to oust McGinn or Barkley (especially Ross). We need to bring in players who can nail down a starting place immediately. I don't mind either if there's some adjustment. They just need to be players who can hold a place within 6 months of arriving.

Lets be real too Hourihane is the same as Guilbert. Neither are good enough to start, have failed to hold down a starting place but still rate themselves highly. I'd rather that than someone on the bench who isnt bothered.

I think that narrative at the start is odd and Barkley isn't even under our direct ownership. He looks like a great replacement for Ross and getting him in now to settle in and hit next year running is absolutely ideal. Plus we have a 50/50 risk of City triggering their buyback on Luiz. I'd rather have one spot to replace in Midfield than two come the summer.

It's great to think that we can get players like Sansom or even be linked with him, but is this a replacement for David Luiz ? There was a lot of talk about Man City having a deal to get him back ( I hope its only talk ) Luiz is the type of player we have to keep. The same can be said about Jack, we have to keep the team together and build on it. This buy back clause stinks, we get the work permit and all the rest, and Mr Sheikh comes walking in and says he wants him and we give him back. Well up you Mr Seikh, sod off.

Last edited:
We aren't in a position to be selling Hourihane our squad isn't good enough, he's still got the best left foot at the club and is the best with a dead ball. Therefore I don't see him going anywhere

We can't currently sell Hourihane but get in another, superior midfielder and he's another step down the pecking order. He'll want to play. Understandable but having a good left foot isn't enough for where are now and especially where we want to go.

Can’t recall ever seeing Sanson play, but definitely think another CM is needed. If McGinn is injured we currently have Ramsey coming in for him, we need more than that. It will also give Deano the chance to rotate

We can't currently sell Hourihane but get in another, superior midfielder and he's another step down the pecking order. He'll want to play. Understandable but having a good left foot isn't enough for where are now and especially where we want to go.
We've got 5 league games in 12 days on the horizon. Connor will play his part in that as will Elmo , Hause & Nakamba.

Let's not forget an ancient Pires as well.
And David Ginola! A season of dieting and rowing with Gregory to help to top up his pension. Never really endeared himself to Villa fans by saying that he couldn't believe that Spuds accepted our bid for him.

French midfielder? Not for me Geoff!

This is one of the worst highlight reels I've ever seen

Made me giggle. It's been a while since I've subjected myself to one of those YouTube player highlight videos! The soundtrack is hilarious.

If I force myself to form an opinion of him based on watching 3 minutes of that video, he looks a similar player to McGinn. Drives forward with the ball, not much of his passing on show which suggests it's not his greatest strength, getting into the box, decent shot.

He'll provide a bit of competition to Douglas and McGinn if we do sign him, and they need it.

Made me giggle. It's been a while since I've subjected myself to one of those YouTube player highlight videos! The soundtrack is hilarious.

If I force myself to form an opinion of him based on watching 3 minutes of that video, he looks a similar player to McGinn. Drives forward with the ball, not much of his passing on show which suggests it's not his greatest strength, getting into the box, decent shot.

He'll provide a bit of competition to Douglas and McGinn if we do sign him, and they need it.
Hahaha, he's 26 and most of his highlights are getting fouled.

I thought that the first time I watched it, I thought why are we buying him so he can win as many freekicks on the right side as Jack's got it covered on the left, But if we actually watch the whole 10 minutes they've pull all the highlights together, so the first highlights are of him being fouled, then it moves on to something else like defensive contribution, passing, dribbling etc etc it's a shit way of reeling highlights together because it made me want to turn it off, but I persisted, I guess you guys didn't lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.