The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

As per my post in the match thread. No one had written him off :help:
There was definitely criticism on here of being ineffective and likely not up to the standard...
Time will tell, but playing well against Chelsea is definitely a good marker.

Last season he looked neat and tidy but nothing more than that. Of late he looks a lot stronger physically and more assertive and confident on the ball, far more happy to drive forward with it and cause problems.

Long may it continue, he looks a different player.

With the 2021/22 campaign so far showing some very good and solid performances from an improved Jacob Ramsey, the 20-year-old Aston Villa Academy graduate has demonstrated he was capable of making that extra step forward in his game, and although there's plenty of development left for him to do, after the Chelsea and Everton matches he seems to have become a bit of a flavour of the month for the talking heads.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...ure-will-prove-hes-already-saved-us-millions/

Being in possession of a pair of eyes, the guy's a great start to the season. His all-round play in midfield has been great with the press, driving forward with the ball and some nice passing.

He's far from the finished article and yeah he needs a goal or a key "moment" I think to help him kick on.

I agree he's improved.

I agree he now needs taking out as he's simply not impacting or affecting games.

'Great start to the season' is a massive stretch though. He's done nothing special at all.

He's young, and he's a prospect but he's been our worst midfielder and I care more about the team and the results than one player.

I agree he's improved.

I agree he now needs taking out as he's simply not impacting or affecting games.

'Great start to the season' is a massive stretch though. He's done nothing special at all.

He's young, and he's a prospect but he's been our worst midfielder and I care more about the team and the results than one player.
Looks class to me. Early days in his career but smooth as silk at times. Agree that he's not the finished article but a real prospect.

I agree he's improved.

Very much this for me. He has come on leaps and bounds but when you have Luiz and McGinn in the middle then the third centre mid needs some cutting edge Ramsay has not shown that he has a killer pass or ability to score.

Buendia, our record signing by the way, has these abilities and it's high time we bed him in and give him a run of games.

I see Ramsay as more of a sub for McGinn based on what he offers to be honest...

It's good he's had a run of games. He's basically been filling in while others gain fitness (or match fitness). Got no problems with him being picked in future, he hasn't let us down, but agree that we need to start getting the new recruits bedded in. Looking forward to 4-3-3 with Bailey and Traore in and around the first team. No idea if we'll go back to one up top or if one of the two forwards will play wider. I'd also like to see a midfield that included Sanson - just to see what all the fuss was about when we recruited him. It'll be really interesting to see the personnel included in our eventual starting 11, it could go multiple ways.

Assuming Sanson can avoid injury and we get Emi2 firing. I'd be looking to loan him out in January with the hope either one of the EPL relegation battlers or promotion contenders take him.

Assuming Sanson can avoid injury and we get Emi2 firing. I'd be looking to loan him out in January with the hope either one of the EPL relegation battlers or promotion contenders take him.
Yes loan him out to Newcastle. I'm sure Brucie can make a man of him.