The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

Not short on confidence that's for sure, give him a go along with Sanson ditch a winger whilst Jack is missing and regroup. We virtually play one upfront anyway stick 5 across midfield with Ramsey supporting Ollie.

A player with good technique and nimble as you like turning on the ball. I like his energy and movement too.

I won’t make bold predictions about youngsters on how they’ll turn out after one too many flops, but technically, he has all the makings to become an established premier league player. If Steven Davis, Craig Gardner and Barry Bannan can do it, there’s no reason he can’t as he’s naturally a more gifted player.

Last edited:
A player with good technique and nimble as you like turning on the ball. I like his energy and movement too.

I won’t make bold predictions about youngsters on how they’ll turn out after one too many flops, but technically, he has all the makings to become an established premier league player. If Steven Davis, Craig Gardner and Barry Bannan can do it, there’s no reason he can’t as he’s naturally a more gifted player.
Steven Davis was a victim of MON being on the other side of the divide he was a good player and went on to prove it

Good prospect with nice technical ability and he definitely doesn't look out of his depth at this level. Having said that Isaiah Osbourne looked like the next Viera for a while. Ramsey should get a fair chance to succeed here that's for sure.

It looked to me that Ramsey has gained in stature and confidence since the Wolves game. Maybe to do with the fact that he has apparently been training really well.

Time to give him a start I think and see what he can do starting the game.
Might be the next Jack Grealish, by that I mean a player that takes his chance and stay there.

Maybe who knows ? Just something about his body language today that looks like he thinks he belongs at this level.
Yes I know exactly what you mean I thought the same when he came on against the Baggies in the championship. He demanded the ball, always a good sign. I hate players who hide from it as you know

Good prospect with nice technical ability and he definitely doesn't look out of his depth at this level. Having said that Isaiah Osbourne looked like the next Viera for a while. Ramsey should get a fair chance to succeed here that's for sure.

Didn’t Osbourne get in with the wrong crowd and end up in trouble?

Let’s hope he has the right mentoring and someone to keep him on the right path, plus he’s technically sound though his downfall will be if he loses his acceleration and energy as he is naturally more lightweight. Osbourne was a technically poor but powerful player if my memory serves me right

Last edited: