The Henri Lansbury Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Henri Lansbury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Lansbury has been put on the transfer list. Hopefully means we've another midfielder coming in. Although even if that's not the case we won't be missing anything. God knows who is dumb enough to want him though.

I assume he does a lot in training. Our managers always seem to rate him

I assume he does a lot in training. Our managers always seem to rate him
In my experience from coaching you sometimes get players that I used to call great practice players. They do the business on the training pitch and look like nailed-on starters. Then, due to some mental block they simply cannot do it in matches. I have a feeling that Angela is one of those....

In my experience from coaching you sometimes get players that I used to call great practice players. They do the business on the training pitch and look like nailed-on starters. Then, due to some mental block they simply cannot do it in matches. I have a feeling that Angela is one of those....

Yes. Reading Peter Crouch's book at the moment , he says pretty much the same.

Some players just go to pieces under the pressure to perform.

I remember seeing him a few times for Forest at the start of the year before we signed him. The game at Villa Park being a prime example.

He’s not half the player he looked back then. I don’t know if injuries have taken their toll or he’s had so many he now holds back, but he literally does nothing.

I remember seeing him a few times for Forest at the start of the year before we signed him. The game at Villa Park being a prime example.

He’s not half the player he looked back then. I don’t know if injuries have taken their toll or he’s had so many he now holds back, but he literally does nothing.
Yes, likewise I thought from the bit I had seen of him that we had signed a decent player and would be an asset to us.
Just shows how wrong you can be sometimes.

He's a bit of a luxury player, at his best played forward. His disallowed goal against Arsenal was a cracker, and good build up with Jack. Doesn't seem to have quite the motor or the speed for a general midfielder.

The Mirror (the font of all truth and knowledge) have published what they believe to be the Aston Villa squads current salaries, and according to them Henri Lansbury is our 2nd highest paid player behind only Tom Heaton, and ahead of Jack.

That's stunning if true. I doubt it is true, but even so it's probably not entirely inaccurate in that I bet he's on a pretty decent wage. Need to get shot, we really do.

Anyway, The Mirror's list is as follows -

Heaton 42k
Lansbury 40k
Grealish 35k
Kodjia 35k
Targett 35k
Taylor 32k
El Ghazi 31k
Chester 30k
Hourihane 30k
Elmo 25k
Jota 25k
McGinn 25k
Mings 25k
Nyland 20k
Kalanic 16k
Hause 8k
Konsa 8k
Steer 8k
Davis 5k

Anyone not on there they don't have data for.

Need to get shot of Lansbury and Kodjia ASAP if thats true.

Amazed if it is though. Jack not our best paid player? No chance.

McGinn and Mings only on 25k? No chance.

I can’t believe these salaries are true. I thought Gareth Barry was in the £30-40k bracket and that was a decade ago.

Mings was bought for £21m, yet is only on £1.3m per year?

If we really do pay SJM £25k per week, he could quadruple that at Man Ure.

Unless these are base salaries and they can double it from performance related pay?

Anyway, Lansbury needs to be shipped out whatever he earns.

I can’t believe these salaries are true. I thought Gareth Barry was in the £30-40k bracket and that was a decade ago.

Unless these are base salaries and they can double it from performance related pay?
It's bullshit. They are making it up as they go along.

Targett on 35K???????

If you search the web you can find the same figures on other sites. I think somebody has made a blind guess and everybody else has copied it.

Talksport had Grealish on £40K after his new contract 18 months ago. The Express last summer claimed that after promotion he was on £100K. Nobody knows.

Last edited:
I'd be amazed if anyone who was contracted to us last season didn't get a wage boost with promotion. Same as I'd be amazed if all players signed this summer didn't have a clause cutting wages if we go down this season.

Anyway, Lansbury needs to be shipped out whatever he earns.
Bloody hell,danvilla we would be on a winner with our lot on performance related pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.