The Henri Lansbury Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Henri Lansbury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it. Lansbury can only play if the manager picks him. The manager does put him on the bench, but rarely gets on the field. The options played in front of him don't exactly excel. Can't see why Indiana gets played ahead of him. Perhaps Indiana is being schooled for the Davis role when Davis moves on.

Bloody wish someone would give me one of these contracts. They look ace. You do feck all, get paid a fortune...

Actually, come to think of it............. :lol:

May have been mentioned elsewhere but saw today that Lansbury has been left out of the 25 man squad till January. A strange decision seeing as we've included Kalinic who will be 4th choice when Heaton is back and Wesley who isn't expected to be fit till December.

Apparently he was told he wasn't in our plans well before the season began but hasn't sought a move or cancelled his contract like Nyland or Jota. Says a lot about him really. Now he'll be payed 45k a week to train a bit without ever having to even be in a match day squad. What a waste he's been.

Apparently he has to train every week, but personally I would just keep him away from the first team, you don't want someone in and around the squad who isn't even in the team, A bit awkward for all the lads, I bet he wouldn't feel great himself, but definitely should of secured a move away, He knew what was coming.

Apparently he has to train every week, but personally I would just keep him away from the first team, you don't want someone in and around the squad who isn't even in the team, A bit awkward for all the lads, I bet he wouldn't feel great himself, but definitely should of secured a move away, He knew what was coming.

Surely someone like Barnsley would’ve taken him on loan with a bit towards his wages?

He’s probably too comfortable taking £35k a week being sat on the bench. I thought against Burton he looked tubby and unfit, which is unprofessional for a professional.

He can play nice balls but he’s really poor in terms of his mobility on the ball in a tight and fast paced midfield. I don’t agree in that situation he’s technically good at all.

They were talking about Ozil on 5 live this evening. Similar situation as Angela. Stephen Warnock spoke a lot about being left out at Villa. He was scathing of Lameberk who he says is not popular at any club he has been at and said he could have accepted being left out if there was honesty from the manager but Lameberk was awful and didn’t speak or explain and left him to train away from the squad.
I imagine that Deano would not do this to Angela and may well have tried to move him on. Says more about modern footballers mindset than anything. How can he seriously be happy with not playing .

Last edited:
For a professional footballer, it is pathetic, granted we don't know the entire situation but I can't imagine it would grant him any sympathy.

Completely different mindset to Jota who really really wants to play football and is doing so. He was extremely unhappy he wasn't able to do more or do better. His answer was always to train harder. He did extra with a personal trainer and he loved being part of the dressing room. He even had positive words to say after the Drinkwater situation.

It says everything when a player makes these types of decisions, even McCormack took the payday.

Lameberk was awful and didn’t speak or explain and left him to train away from the squad.
He did the same with Alan Hutton and he proved himself to be a good player in the end - probably at Championship level, but then again most of the team at that time were Championship level and that is where we ended up eventually!!
The Scottish Cafu - always remembered for that goal against the Scum

He did the same with Alan Hutton and he proved himself to be a good player in the end - probably at Championship level, but then again most of the team at that time were Championship level and that is where we ended up eventually!!
The Scottish Cafu - always remembered for that goal against the Scum

Lansbury will be remembered for a goal that didn’t count. A bit unfortunate I guess

They were talking about Ozil on 5 live this evening. Similar situation as Angela. Stephen Warnock spoke a lot about being left out at Villa. He was scathing of Lameberk who he says is not popular at any club he has been at and said he could have accepted being left out if there was honesty from the manager but Lameberk was awful and didn’t speak or explain and left him to train away from the squad.
I imagine that Deano would not do this to Angela and may well have tried to move him on. Says more about modern footballers mindset than anything. How can he seriously be happy with not playing .
Lambert was truly dreadful. The bomb squad was a joke, it cost us millions in wages and players losing value - did we actually manage to sell any of them? People say he had a limited budget but the amount of money he wasted on absolute garbage (I mean players who were so far below the standard it’s crazy to think they were even scouted at all) all adds up when he could have just used what he already had - Bent, Albrighton, Hutton etc.

To be fair to Lansbury these days it’s appears to be almost impossible to move on the deadwood, many clubs are finding the same. The issue is the huge gulf in finances across the game, if you buy someone and they ain’t good enough there simply isn’t anyone at a lower level who can afford them. Can’t believe someone wouldn’t have taken him on a subsidised loan though.

I remember Deano saying that he always tries to treat players how he would have wanted to be treated as a player himself which I would imagine stands him in good stead. Probably hasn't fallen out with Lansbury but wouldn't be happy with him if he has stalled on a move.
Lambert would never have worked on that principle , I think he fell out with everyone in the end.

I remember Deano saying that he always tries to treat players how he would have wanted to be treated as a player himself which I would imagine stands him in good stead. Probably hasn't fallen out with Lansbury but wouldn't be happy with him if he has stalled on a move.
Lambert would never have worked on that principle , I think he fell out with everyone in the end.

I'm sure a season-long loan with us paying most of his wages would have suited Forest or Derby and Lansbury as I doubt he's moved house since he was at Forest.
I get that some players who have never known anything else, it's a job and if they can get paid for doing nothing they will. We've all worked with plenty of those, you can't even bore them into leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.