The Henri Lansbury Thread | Vital Football

The Henri Lansbury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvb1968

Vital 1st Team Regular
I said to my lad over a month ago that I thought landsbury would be instrumental in us getting promoted and I believe he will, he's an uncut diamond.

Would be like a new signing if he started to play well , tbf he’s done nothing yet apart from being injured, not his fault I know but he’s in Ivo stas territory for me , but like anyone playing for us I want him to do well

It shows you if he was actually fit when Jack was injured I suspect we would be automatically promoted now

I work with a Forest fan and he has said all along that he is a great player. He has just had real bad luck with injuries.

Forest ST holder I know said exactly what we have seen with Lansbury. Skillful player, lots of attributes but drifts in and out and goes missing. His career at villa has not been completely stifled by injuries. He has done exactly what the forest fan has described.

But, Lansbury is now being coached differently to under Mr 4 promotions and if stays fit I think we will see the benefits we have seen with improvements made to the likes of Whel and Taylor.
I think Smith rates him aswell so expect to see more of him .

He's got the ability but I still question if he has the heart for it. They raved about him at Arsenal for a few years, then let him go for a pittance as he never really developed into what they hoped. At Forest he had 1 good game in 5 and plodded around looking like he couldn't be bothered the rest of the time.
He isnt in our best X1 so can only see him coming off the bench to run the clock down, or if we have an injury

Better training may actually make him less injury prone. DS will expect him to put in a shift, so if DS is happy with him what's the problem? He plays a role for which we need cover.

It must be difficult when almost every game you play is your first game back for several months following injury. I reckon he would be more than just a solid member of the squad if he could stay fit for a reasonable amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.