The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues) | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends. I decided to post this during the England match to distract you. (Plus I am at work and can’t watch the game…though I did figure out how to access the Vital Site…so I can at least do this!!!)

Walt as always correct me to 100%. Thanks brother!

Rules of Play:

**General Predication Rules**

1) Perfect prediction (score and scorers {for us }) …………… 5 pts
2) Correct outcome of game (but having incorrect score)………..2 pts
3) Incorrect outcome of game …………………………..…2 pts deduction
4) Correct scorer, regardless of game outcome…..……………..1 pts
5) Correct goal difference ……………..……………………………1 pts

--All the above points may be included in the final Tally as appropriate. (Example - get the perfect score and all the other points will be added as well)

--Correct outcome, scorers, and goal difference will be added together. Incorrect outcome but having scorer/s correct … you will get the scorers points only, but you may still end up with an overall deduction.

6) Only predictions posted on the Appropriate Prediction Match Thread will be considered legitimate predictions. Predictions on any other thread will not be considered. (Repeat offenders or lame quibbling will be reviewed by the council (Walt & I) for a possible deduction of points for being a dumbass!)

7) All predictions must be made prior to TWO hours before kickoff. Posts entered after that will not be accepted.

8) Any named goalscorer can be changed for any reason up until kickoff.

**New Rules specific to the CL format Predictor league**

The above rules are generally the same as last season’s Predictor league. However, due to the change in format for the Champions League format for this league…there has to be a few new rules. These are designed to confuse, irritate, and bewilder you all, leading to much debate, a lot of posts, a lot of head scratching, thousands of questions, and a few meltdowns, but which will eventually eliminate any foreseeable problems.

9) There will be a Home and Away element introduced. All posters will be seeded in this competition, based on last season’s finishing positions. Gary, our champion, will be No 1; Spurs54 will be No 2 and so on. Alphabetical order will decide any unworkable positions. If there are any posters with numbers only then the lowest first number will be used. When Spurs are at home, the highest seeded poster will be deemed the home side. The home poster will NOT be penalized two points for a wrong outcome. This gives a Home Advantage, much the same as the actual game. I the Away fixture, all normal prediction rules are in effect.

10) In any event of a Tie in any circumstances (league qualification or knockout game) the points from the current game and the previous two games will be added together. If this doesn’t give a result, the poster who posted the SCORE first the most times will be awarded one extra point.

**Rules of Play / or better known as the “Walt/USAF Laws”**

9) All bribes, inducements, backhanders, and compliments will be gratefully received.

--Rarely the truly deserving who have mastered the age old art of the ‘bribe’ may be granted an exception. An example of a true and honorable bribe would be the player requesting our address so they may ship us a bottle of a fine beverage. (Amber Nectar according to my friend Walt) So yes, bribes are not only accepted but encouraged.

--Unsuccessful bribes will be met with much shame and deserved public humiliation!

10) Any and all underhanded tactics will at first be admired, hopefully respected but ultimately dismissed and named and shamed unless accompanied by the previously mentioned Amber Nectar.

11) The council may award bonus points for any reason at any time as we see fit and proper.

12) The council may deduct points for any reason at any time as we see fit and proper.

13) Pleas for rule changes will be discussed and pondered (this is aided by said Amber Nectar of course), but may ultimately be ignored and shaming of the requestor will commence.

14) Our decisions in any circumstances are final. Anyone found guilty of throwing their toys out of their pram will be subjected to the rules as mentioned above, but the final outcome may be tempered by the bribes and inducements. We are only human.

15) Anyone wishing to introduce happiness and humor into the proceedings will be welcomed with open arms.

Last edited:
As usual I don't agree with rule 7, in this tournament its even more of a nonsense. For the sake of appeasing a few posters who don't live in the same time zone.

As usual I don't agree with rule 7, in this tournament its even more of a nonsense. For the sake of appeasing a few posters who don't live in the same time zone.

Ummm you can post earlier...we will have the site up and ready for predictions much earlier than 2 hours prior. What is wrong with getting your prediction in days earlier...and refining if need be as you get closer? Seriously I am giving you guys up until 2 fracking hours prior to get your picks in!!!!

Making point deductions for wrong outcomes when we don't even know who's playing, yeah that makes sense.

Nick I love ya...but we will now who we are playing well ahead of time...

If you are talking about simply not knowing the team we are playing because they are some obscure whoever team...lame quibbling, knock it off and suck it up like the rest of us.

Seriously though...comon Nick...you got this!

Nick I love ya...but we will now who we are playing well ahead of time...

If you are talking about simply not knowing the team we are playing because they are some obscure whoever team...lame quibbling, knock it off and suck it up like the rest of us.

Seriously though...comon Nick...you got this!

No, I am officially withdrawing. I have disputed the 2 hour rule for a long time. I have to stay true to my beliefs. I won't put in the effort of research and consideration when rules prevent it. I'm out.

Ummm you can post earlier...we will have the site up and ready for predictions much earlier than 2 hours prior. What is wrong with getting your prediction in days earlier...and refining if need be as you get closer? Seriously I am giving you guys up until 2 fracking hours prior to get your picks in!!!!

It's the team pick that dictates a score prediction.

No, I am officially withdrawing. I have disputed the 2 hour rule for a long time. I have to stay true to my beliefs. I won't put in the effort of research and consideration when rules prevent it. I'm out.

I guess I am having trouble understanding...you don't have to wait to predict until 2 hours out...you must predict before two hours out.

You should have plenty of time to research who we will be playing.

Rule 7 is worded poorly after looking it over. I have edited it. Does that make it clearer?

I guess I am having trouble understanding...you don't have to wait to predict until 2 hours out...you must predict before two hours out.

You should have plenty of time to research who we will be playing.

Rule 7 is worded poorly after looking it over. I have edited it. Does that make it clearer?

I want to know which players are picked before giving a score. Or have the opportunity to change my score as long as its before kick off. I know what team we are playing ie Shatsberg Locomotive but I won't know who is in their team or ours until 1 hour before kick off. We can change scorers up until kick off but not the score. Its illogical and I've been saying it all season.
I have no issue with clarity, in fact it's clarity of thought I strive for and guessing the score without knowing the players picked is pretty murky.
No worries, it's like the EU, if you can't change it from within, get out !!

I want to know which players are picked before giving a score. Or have the opportunity to change my score as long as its before kick off. I know what team we are playing ie Shatsberg Locomotive but I won't know who is in their team or ours until 1 hour before kick off. We can change scorers up until kick off but not the score. Its illogical and I've been saying it all season.
I have no issue with clarity, in fact it's clarity of thought I strive for and guessing the score without knowing the players picked is pretty murky.

I was thinking it might be a just slightly less consequential than leaving the EU?

Hod , 80, XVausch . Kiwi, USAF , Fevvers , Swankey Yankee, Canadian , it’s hardly just a few .
It’s like you think you are being penalised when everyone is playing by the same rules .
Tell you what to do ,, name two predictions , one before the cut off time and one when you know the teams , then we can see which one Is more accurate .
Prove that your theory is the right theory at no cost to you . I will keep tabs on it all , and publish the results .

Easy all...we are good. It is ok if everyone doesn't agree with the all the rules. Bottom line is we can't satisfy everyone...but we can do our best to keep it simple and transparent across the board.

Rule 7 is staying in effect. Walt and I are open to ideas, comments and concerns as we go along. We do want to make this great!

I still think it will be fun...both leagues will be fun in their own way. I honestly have no idea but my gut feeling half of the time while I am picking anyway. I am in it to make fun of most of you and get the shit beat out of me by the likes of Gary and 54...

Never forget...as Ex has stated many times...we have become a kind of community on this forum...

At the end of the day it’s only a fun competition and an added bit of intrigue as the goals go in ( or not !!! ) during the game .

My wife does her own prediction , obviously not included in ours , and she often gets it right , but it causes a bit of banter between us.

She also takes an interest in the league table , asking if 54 is still winning , has he won it yet ? , and was intrigued how Gary came up at the end to eventually win it .
It’s a bit of fun . Does anybody remember fun ?????? :shrug::computer::cuppa::party:

NRD has installed the CCTV cameras for Walt Hancock and USAF Coladangelo !!!

It's more like Dominic Cummings insisting Sajid Javed sack all his advisors if he wanted to continue as Chancellor. He resigned as it was against his principles. I have chosen to stick to mine.

You have fun if you want to, this man ain't for turning. The lone hero who stands up and refuses to conform or buckle to the majority. Like Sajid, who has risen to once again guide the ship out of the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.