The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues) | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matic need not bother giving us the low down on the teams and players then. Nobody is taking it seriously so why put the effort in ?
Rule 7 is an attempt to allow the North Americans to win. They say its fun but its like the Ryder Cup to them.
I'm having fun alright.
USAF is a masochist, he thinks it's fun when you realise you've fecked up and made an arse of yourself.
Walt made a mistake every week but still came third in the league, he should have been docked 10 points each time, he would have had a minus total.
It's fun alright, it will be great watching this unfold as an outsider.

Go get that wet towel and wrap it tightly around your head and lay down, hopefully, you'll wake up as Nick Real Deal one more time!

So my rule stopping posters from gaining an unfair advantage , and giving everyone a level playing field , will stand for as long as I am prepared to carry on auditing this fun , fair , interesting and team building competition .
If there is a groundswell of opposition against that , fair enough , I will stand down and let a better person take over .

So my good mate Pompey , that is why .

If you step down, then I'm outta here, mate!!

I'm not sure if you are being totally serious or not, NRD, lol but it would be a shame if you don't take part. I enjoyed the banter and arguments between you and Walt last season.

Oh the banter and arguments will carry on, don't worry. I am the one who scored 0 out of 10 during a Sainsburys management assessment. There is a reason for that. They still offered me a promotion though!

Honestly all...I am not sure why emotions have spun out of control for something that is supposed to be fun. Nick hates a rule and decides not to play...cool no worries...can't please everyone. Nick and I are good. Though from what I am seeing/reading...maybe it isn't all good.

The note from SpursEagle above is EXACTLY what is not supposed to happen...and I feel like a good majority of folks are sitting back and watching the fireworks.

I hit up Ex a few months ago asking how I could help out this forum I have grown to love. I am one of the couple that had to take time away...had to go get shot at for a few months working alongside my buds on the ground. (yes I have worked in the shit alongside my Army buds...I am a TACP as well) That took a lot out of me and I needed some time to decompress.

But I missed this place...and so I am back now....though it hurts to know some of my favorites are no longer here. But plenty of you still are and I have made new friends!

Maybe the discontent on this new Predictor league is due to me...so maybe we should scrap it and simply do the other one. If that is the case...come up voice please and let us know...if it helps I have no issues stepping down. No hurt feelings here.

Although, come to think of it, I actually do have a suggestion. A few times last season I either completely forgot about the prediction (being busy or absent minded) or else I didn't realise we had an earlier kick off etc ... So, how about each entrant throws in a default score and scorers before the competition begins, so if something comes up and they are unable to post a prediction on time, the default prediction the person entered at the start of the campaign kicks in.

It wouldn't be a big deal for the League, but it would make the Euro contest that much more competitive. Maybe if the default prediction is correct, only half the points are given?

Anyway, I'm cool with things either way. Cheers!

Although, come to think of it, I actually do have a suggestion. A few times last season I either completely forgot about the prediction (being busy or absent minded) or else I didn't realise we had an earlier kick off etc ... So, how about each entrant throws in a default score and scorers before the competition begins, so if something comes up and they are unable to post a prediction on time, the default prediction the person entered at the start of the campaign kicks in.

It wouldn't be a big deal for the League, but it would make the Euro contest that much more competitive. Maybe if the default prediction is correct, only half the points are given?

Anyway, I'm cool with things either way. Cheers!

Hmmm....interesting idea SpursEagle...I haven't thought of that approach as kind of an emergency back up for folks.

At times last season when I knew I would be getting busy and the possibility of me missing the deadline was high...I would throw out a prediction and scorers and wish for the best!

I will discuss with Walt...

Thank!

Honestly all...I am not sure why emotions have spun out of control for something that is supposed to be fun. Nick hates a rule and decides not to play...cool no worries...can't please everyone. Nick and I are good. Though from what I am seeing/reading...maybe it isn't all good.

The note from SpursEagle above is EXACTLY what is not supposed to happen...and I feel like a good majority of folks are sitting back and watching the fireworks.

I hit up Ex a few months ago asking how I could help out this forum I have grown to love. I am one of the couple that had to take time away...had to go get shot at for a few months working alongside my buds on the ground. (yes I have worked in the shit alongside my Army buds...I am a TACP as well) That took a lot out of me and I needed some time to decompress.

But I missed this place...and so I am back now....though it hurts to know some of my favorites are no longer here. But plenty of you still are and I have made new friends!

Maybe the discontent on this new Predictor league is due to me...so maybe we should scrap it and simply do the other one. If that is the case...come up voice please and let us know...if it helps I have no issues stepping down. No hurt feelings here.

There is nothing personal in this. Its all about the concept of the competition. Is it a bit of fun with a little bit of intuition or still fun but with logical and considered opinion based on which players and formations are on the pitch. ?
The 2 hour rule 7 prevents a higher level of assessment and decisions on potential outcome...the prediction.
I give it from the shoulder, always have. It don't make me popular.
I stood up at a management convention and told the Safeway MD everyone was scared to speak up against him or suggest new ideas. He was addressing us on stage and wanted feedback and interaction, everyone was scared shitless to speak.
I stood up and said.....firstly we can barely understand what you are saying due to your Spanish accent and secondly they are scared you will sack them if they talk out of line.
His sidekick came to the microphone and said Nick has a point. Carlos came back on and assured us he just wanted feedback. The mood lightened and the convention flowed. My colleagues said afterwards, I can't believe you had the balls to do that. I basically told them he was pissing me off so I told him the truth.
I told the Store Director of a Sava Centre in Basildon he was wrong taking two display ends away from the produce dept ( fruit and veg ) because the dept relied on the ends for pre packed sales of staple items like Tom's, Qs, Iceberg etc. I told him to come and have a look at peak trading times. Customers couldn't get anywhere near the dept, it was like an ants nest. People grabbed what they could off the ends thinking I ain't going in there. It was bedlam. It took a fortune.
This joker Store Director was a BHS off shoot, he wanted the ends for fecking socks and pants etc. I laughed in his face....you are joking right ?
That's why I got zero for diplomacy on my assessment.
I went to the Gillingham branch for so called training. I arrived in the store and the produce dept was wrecked. I went out the back and the assistant manager of the dept was having a fag in the office with her feet up on the desk !
I rolled my sleeves up and brought the dept back up to scratch, all the stock was in the chiller, no urgency, no direction from the management.
The Store Director came up to me the following day.....how are you settling in ? He said. Fine thanks I replied but your dept manager ain't got nothing to teach me and I told him why.
He was straight on the phone to Basildon and had me removed, citing I was disruptive. Zero points on diplomacy again. A week or so later I got offered promotion to their branch in Washington near Newcastle with a sizable increase in wages.
I didn't take it because my girlfriend didn't want to leave Essex, we were living together. I left soon after and we set up our own business.

So, sometimes I dig my heels in and it don't do me favours in the popularity stakes

There is nothing personal in this. Its all about the concept of the competition. Is it a bit of fun with a little but of intuition or still fun but with logical and considered opinion based on which players and formations are on the pitch. ?
The 2 hour rule 7 prevents a higher level of assessment and decisions on potential outcome...the prediction.
I stood up at a management convention and told the Safeway MD everyone was scared to speak up against him or suggest new ideas. He was addressing us on stage and wanted feedback and interaction, everyone was scared shitless to speak.
I stood up and said.....firstly we can barely understand what you are saying due to your Spanish accent and secondly they are scared you will sack them if they talk out of line.
His sidekick came to the microphone and said Nick has a point. Carlos came back on and assured us he just wanted feedback. The mood lightened and the convention flowed. My colleagues said afterwards, I can't believe you had the balls to do that. I basically told them he was pissing me off so I told him the truth.
I told the Store Director of a Sava Centre in Basildon he was wrong taking two display ends away from the produce dept ( fruit and veg ) because the dept relied on the ends for pre packed sales of staple items like Tom's, Qs, Iceberg etc. I told him to come and have a look at peak trading times. Customers couldn't get anywhere near the dept, it was like an ants nest. People grabbed what they could off the ends thinking I ain't going in there. It was bedlam. It took a fortune.
This joker Store Director was a BHS off shoot, he wanted the ends for fecking socks and pants etc. I laughed in his face....you are joking right ?
I went to the Gillingham branch for so called training. I arrived in the store and the produce dept was wrecked. I went out the back and the assistant manager of the dept was having a fag in the office with her feet up on the desk !
I rolled my sleeves up and brought the dept back up to scratch, all the stock was in the chiller, no urgency, no direction from the management.
The Store Director came up to me the following day.....how are you settling in ? He said. Fine thanks I replied but your dept manager ain't got nothing to teach me and I told him why.
He was straight on the phone to Basildon and had me removed, citing I was disruptive. Zero points on diplomacy again. A week or so later I got offered promotion to their branch in Washington near Newcastle with a sizable increase in wages.
I didn't take it because my girlfriend didn't want to leave Essex, we were living together. I left soon after and we set up our own business.

So, sometimes I dig my heels in and it don't do me favours in the popularity stakes

I still like you when you're wrong. Even when you bury us in a tome of "wisdom"./

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing personal in this. Its all about the concept of the competition. Is it a bit of fun with a little bit of intuition or still fun but with logical and considered opinion based on which players and formations are on the pitch. ?

Brilliant mate! Never forgive for who you are. I sure as hell don't want you to change either. It was never about you and me. I don't now nor have I ever had an issue with you. Honestly I love your posts...you stubborn bastard! You balance some of this crazy place out.

Stay you brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.