The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

When you read the article it says they had a falling out at Arsenal.... Which may be true but doesn't mean they won't get on at villa.

Having said that Emi was publically gutted when Cutler was released so who knows?

i can see him wanting to play in the Champions League soon.
I guess it's how invested he is into the AVFC project. I'm sure we are paying him top dollar and as much as any CL club would so it won't be money driven, but depends on his own personal ambitions now.

I'm in the vast minority here that would have gone for Pope or Henderson in the summer as competition but doubt they would have come.

To be fair mate I think the vast majority would have been happy to have them as a number 2, but not many thought they would come here to sit on the bench. Henderson left for 1st team football and Pope wanted to get into the World Cup squad + Newcastle was a good move for him

Do people think we're alone in the Premier league in having an average number 2 keeper. Henderson, who didn't want to stay at Utd to be number 2 would have cost 30m or so and still isn't as good as Emi. Pope is similar. Wanted to be in the England squad so why would he join a club with a better keeper.

Do people think we're alone in the Premier league in having an average number 2 keeper. Henderson, who didn't want to stay at Utd to be number 2 would have cost 30m or so and still isn't as good as Emi. Pope is similar. Wanted to be in the England squad so why would he join a club with a better keeper.

Yup. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyones No.2 goalie that you think "how is he not a regular choice"

Yup. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyones No.2 goalie that you think "how is he not a regular choice"
Liverpool have long had terrible backup, Man City have a very average keeper who spent most of his career in the second tier of the Bundesliga and then have Scott Carsen.

We can do better than Olsen I think but we're never going out for a quality second choice keeper.

I'm in the vast minority here that would have gone for Pope or Henderson in the summer as competition but doubt they would have come.
The last few words are accurate, absolutely no bloody chance of either, they're not coming here to slug it out for number 1, why on earth would they?

Liverpool have a very good young keeper in Kelleher as backup, that could be the way to go in future, a top young keeper instead of some dodgy 33 year old.
They're fortunate that he's from the academy so yeah we should focus our efforts in developing a keeper. Liverpool have also used Adrian, probably before Kelleher emerged and that guy is pure shite.

our back up keeper isn't average though, he's incompetent

When you read the article it says they had a falling out at Arsenal.... Which may be true but doesn't mean they won't get on at villa.

Having said that Emi was publically gutted when Cutler was released so who knows?

Emi was one of the few who posted about Emery when he was sacked and specifically said the players let him down. So I think its pure nonsense.

These chimps make a damned good living from spreading this kind of gossip.

Better than you think given I'm in the industry, I just now refuse to do it with the Villa after dabbling and I accept the financial hit - once I moved away from the BS I actually saw a boost on normal writing, so people are still out there who don't want to read crap but sadly there are more idiots financially.

The thing with Insider that I like, is although they are good lads and work their balls off, some of their writers used to be with us and they never had exclusives on Vital as we didn't whore exclusives that were never exclusive - so I know they have no connections, and rarely an interest in the club they write for (I used to do the same without the exclusive in fairness).

And that's why on Insider 'player scores a goal' that the entire planet is aware of, becomes an exclusive 4 days later when somebody needs to meet a writing quota, but idiots out there read what they already know and it justifies them doing it.

Truth and ethics seem to no longer exist.

Don't forget, the whole Ollie Watkins to Arsenal for £50m spawned from somebody going back a decade and finding an interview saying he was roughly an Arsenal fan. Total bollocks and invention - yet apparently now real news.

200w.gif