The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

Just saw a photo of him on Instagram in Argentina next to a big Ford 4x4 thanking Ford Argentina looking after him

In my opinion, this seasons captain

He's the only choice if we're changing the captaincy. I don't feel Mcginn has been much better than Mings last season and if we sign a new midfielder he wouldn't get in my starting line up. Emi though seems to be universally liked by everyone and is one of best in the world in his position.

In my opinion, this seasons captain

It's strange SG said 2/3 are in with a chance of being Captain, that says to me he's not happy with Mings or he doesn't think Mings is an automatic choice. Surely he'd have said by now. I'm not a big fan of Mings but if I was Captain and then it was in question I'd be questioning things.
Bit like when they interview you for your own job

It's strange SG said 2/3 are in with a chance of being Captain, that says to me he's not happy with Mings or he doesn't think Mings is an automatic choice. Surely he'd have said by now. I'm not a big fan of Mings but if I was Captain and then it was in question I'd be questioning things.
Bit like when they interview you for your own job

I think Mings is in real danger of losing his place to DC with either Konsa or Chambers partnering him.

Edit: I kind of think it could be a make or break season for him, Watkins too, those two could get you 50-70M as I think they'll hold their purchase price at a minimum.

I think Mings is in real danger of losing his place to DC with either Konsa or Chambers partnering him.

Edit: I kind of think it could be a make or break season for him, Watkins too, those two could get you 50-70M as I think they'll hold their purchase price at a minimum.

Martinez is the only 100% starter, undisputed and he is one of the three that has been captain on this tour?
I like midfielders as captain but SJM is under pressure this season as well, so emi is really in with a shout

Cash and Digne both definitely start if fit, as does Big Phil. Kamara too I'd suggest but no way he'll be made captain.

I think SG is keeping people on their toes and making the point that no one can make assumptions about their role.

I suspect SG has already made up his mind, and Mings will be captain and Archer will be staying.

I think SG is keeping people on their toes and making the point that no one can make assumptions about their role.

I suspect SG has already made up his mind, and Mings will be captain and Archer will be staying.
For my money he's captain, only one guaranteed to be starting every Premier league game