The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

Captains armband and a clean sheet - could very well keep the captaincy longer term - but respect shown to McGinn giving it him back when he came on - Another Gerrard shit show the captaincy decisions before the season started - still let’s move on and look ahead positively

I think it's fair to say that Emi hasn't been himself lately.

He was certainly back to his best yesterday, winding up the opposition, time wasting, directing Digne's free kick, cleaning out that poor fucker who challenged him for the ball and pulling off great saves.

Another classic, storming Emi Martinez performance.

Him and Ashley Young are masters of shithousery.....about bloody time we finally stopped being a " nice " team to play against 👏
Oh and did anyone else notice when Digne was taking a throw in, where Young was warming up, Ash had a word and 30 seconds later Digne went down with an " injury " causing the ref to halt the game? Classic

those low shots going across goal he struggles with , Zaha scored one like that earlier this season and my initial thought was he's a bit slow getting down to it. That said no keeper is 100% fail proof
Similar one at Watford A opening day last season

Last edited:
If you believe the fountain of truth that is 'Football Insider', Emi has had a fallout with Emery.

Yes Football Insider.

If you believe the fountain of truth that is 'Football Insider', Emi has had a fallout with Emery.

Yes Football Insider.
at least we will get big dollars for him if he wants out. I suspect this is a BS story though. Albeit Emery and Martinez do have some history.

Yes Football Insider.

When was this exactly. In the week Emery had with the squad before Emi went to the world cup? Or are they basing it on Emery not picking him for Arsenal.