The Emi Martinez Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

The Emi Martinez Thread

Martinez IMO is world class, if someone could name five genuinely better keepers than him in world football then I’d be very surprised. The only keepers better than him in the premier league are Allison and Ederson.

Oblak at Atletico Madrid and Courtouis at Real come to mind. Not many others I'd rate better than him though.

Martinez IMO is world class, if someone could name five genuinely better keepers than him in world football then I’d be very surprised. The only keepers better than him in the premier league are Allison and Ederson.

Think he proved your point last night. As a Villa fan am thankful he does it for us.

Would say he may be even better without defenders making costly individual errros in front.

Oblak at Atletico Madrid and Courtouis at Real come to mind. Not many others I'd rate better than him though.
They reeled off about 6 or 7 the other night and Martinez wasn't mentioned, it's bit like they reel off england players and don't mention Grealish these days. You have to be flavour of the day I think

Paul Robinson is best remembered for being a fat ****.

He has way more hair now than he did 10 years ago, another one having a hair transplant and popping the finasteride. The finasteride is probably rotting his brain.

They reeled off about 6 or 7 the other night and Martinez wasn't mentioned, it's bit like they reel off england players and don't mention Grealish these days. You have to be flavour of the day I think

The ones I mentioned, alongside Ederson and Alisson are probably the only keepers I'd take over Emi. Its why talk of selling him seems ridiculous. He's amongst the top players in the world in his position. Do we have anyone else that we can say that about.

The ones I mentioned, alongside Ederson and Alisson are probably the only keepers I'd take over Emi. Its why talk of selling him seems ridiculous. He's amongst the top players in the world in his position. Do we have anyone else that we can say that about.

I've never really seen Ederson have anything to do in a game, Alison also has an easy ride most weeks.

[QUOTE="Melon Donkey, post: 3589449, member: 3445"]Did Robinson actually say this? .

Sorry even without claret and blue specs this is the comment of an absolute prize cock that is no doubt designed in and from a place where if you don’t play for the usuals you ain’t worth consideration.

I fucking hate football, outside of anything AVFC, and all that it has become.[/QUOTE]

“He’s not a top-class goalkeeper," Robinson said.
"He’s not top level. There’s a reason he was at Arsenal for so long, without playing. Arsenal have had some poor goalkeepers over the years. Martinez spent so much time as a no.2.

“He got the opportunity to go to Villa and had a great first season. But he hasn’t been consistent enough to keep himself at the top level. He hasn’t played regularly enough at his age to put him in the bracket of top-class goalkeepers.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/comments-aston-villa-star-slammed-25668855

It's laughable really as Robinson isn't even fit enough to tie up Emi's boots.

“He’s not a top-class goalkeeper," Robinson said.
"He’s not top level. There’s a reason he was at Arsenal for so long, without playing. Arsenal have had some poor goalkeepers over the years. Martinez spent so much time as a no.2.

“He got the opportunity to go to Villa and had a great first season. But he hasn’t been consistent enough to keep himself at the top level. He hasn’t played regularly enough at his age to put him in the bracket of top-class goalkeepers.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/comments-aston-villa-star-slammed-25668855

It's laughable really as Robinson isn't even fit enough to tie up Emi's boots.

Not a top keeper but number one and playing for one of the great footballing nations over history and who have just gone one game from breaking the world record win streak.:rofl:

He’s been our first choice keeper for 2 and a half years and had established himself as a good premier league goalie, he’s first choice as Argie keeper winning the Copa America too, and this pundit is still talking about him not getting a game for Arsenal several years ago. Shows how out of touch some of these “experts” are. Unfortunately it seems like every man and his dog who ever played football at a reasonable level wants to do media work nowadays and there’s always some shit outlet which is prepared to give them a platform

I've never really seen Ederson have anything to do in a game, Alison also has an easy ride most weeks.

If you like your stats Alison is credited with preventing 8 goals last season just from 1 vs 1 situations. The high line married up with a keeper who is elite at preventing goals in those rare situations is joined-up thinking in terms of recruiting based on how you want to play.

The thing about being a keeper is its probably harder to only be asked to make the odd save in a game vs being under pressure all game. For some keepers they seem to have difficulty turning it on and off whereas they excel when they can get into a kind of flow state. Nick Pope and Jasskalinen come to mind. Emi seems to be able to turn it on and off like the other top GKs.