The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 67 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were technically pretty good .I think that Elliot who is only 16 I believe looked very good I think he has already played in the first team this season.
Yes they did look very comfortable on the ball even at that age which is great to see as it proves the academies are coaching the right type of football and developing technical skills which should lead to better quality of players coming through the system for premier league clubs and for England.

I watched a villa youth game last season against Leamington Spa and villa lost and looked pretty hopeless to be honest. Although I believe the brightest prospects had all been sent out on loan at that point so it was effectively the B youth team. Sarkic played in goal and looked alright so not surprised he’s made the step up to the SPL now - he was actually on the bench against England at Wembley a few weeks ago

Banana skin avoided. Weirdest atmosphere I’ve experienced at Villa Park as it was just so comfortable, men against boys and never in doubt - 4-0 up at half time and no one was bothered.

Have to wonder was it worth Klopp throwing them kids under the bus for a FIFA vanity project?

If nothing else, hopefully this should make people think the next time the phrase ‘throw in the kids, they couldn’t do worse’ crosses their minds - it’s a hell of a jump from youth football to the premier league, our second team playing in first gear and winning 5-0 shows that!

If nothing else, hopefully this should make people think the next time the phrase ‘throw in the kids, they couldn’t do worse’ crosses their minds - it’s a hell of a jump from youth football to the premier league, our second team playing in first gear and winning 5-0 shows that!

Hallelujah Mc4P.

'Throw in the kids', 'give them a go' is not what you do at top level professional football is it?. Said this many times before . That Vasseliv kid or whatever his name is the latest one that we should 'give a go to'. How naive.

Bloody hell....

Don't listen to 57. Nyland was fine but Kodj got MOTM and deservedly so. At last a touch of danger up front.

Thought we were fine. Don't know what people expect. Nyland had some saves to make but that's what he's there for. After the opening few minutes when the youth were all hyped up we were in control, picking our moments nicely when to attack. All good goals, even the second which was a deflection.

Hope Kodj starts on Saturday.

It’s no good moaning about the commentators wank fest over the ‘plop youth. What do you expect them to do, talk about what great futures in the game the Villa lads have 🤣

Most of them should be shot or sold for glue. Angela Lansbury being at the front of the queue.

Don't listen to 57. Nyland was fine but Kodj got MOTM and deservedly so. At last a touch of danger up front.

Thought we were fine. Don't know what people expect. Nyland had some saves to make but that's what he's there for. After the opening few minutes when the youth were all hyped up we were in control, picking our moments nicely when to attack. All good goals, even the second which was a deflection.

Hope Kodj starts on Saturday.

I'd say Nyland was MOTM and Koj was ok. We obviously saw different games

It’s no good moaning about the commentators wank fest over the ‘plop youth. What do you expect them to do, talk about what great futures in the game the Villa lads have 🤣

Most of them should be shot or sold for glue. Angela Lansbury being at the front of the queue.

Very few of those 22 players will be at either club in 18 months time

Some really good positives last night, Nyland i thought was superb apart from the odd dodgy bit of distribution.

Lansbury ( second half ) Kodjia and Luiz played very well i thought too.

Always stuck up for Taylor but it`s finished now mate, he is just a liability and allows anyone to run at him and get in the box or get a cross off.

We have Hause as back up to Targett, no more Taylor please Dean - he was not good enough at Championship top level.

I'm pretty sure Liverpool even allowing for the first team playing away could have had better players to throw into that game last night.

Let's be honest.
It was a shambles, waste of time game. The only objective was to avoid embarrassment. Deano pretty much said that.

We learnt nothing because of the opposition. Big wow kodjia scored, Wesley scored against a load of kids . It will have zero influence on Saturday and our league plight.

Klopp could have mixed up the squads to be competitive in both competitions, he was making a point i feel.

I feel sorry for their fans - as usual it is the fans that always get shafted.
I was watching with a Liverpool fan and it's a point I made. The whole game rang back memory bells of the squad MON took to Moscow when we wanted to focus on top four and the fa cup and he didn't achieve either of them in the end.

It wouldn't have done any harm for liverpool to leave a few B team members back, the likes of Adrian, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, and a least played with a competitive spine. If Klopp blows the league and doesn't win this club world mickey mouse cup, heads will turn back to last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.