The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 65 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange game. They came at us from minute one and we looked slow and cumbersome. A couple of lucky goals set us away. Every time we seriously went at them we looked like we'd score.

As a shot stopper Nyland is genuinely class. 3 or 4 very good saves and one in the second half that was brilliant. Pity about nearly every other aspect of his game. I've said this many times but surely that must be the end of Taylor. He is dreadful and was completely given the runaround by a 16 year old kid. Did he make one tackle in the whole game? Lansbury was completely anonymous. Hourihane got his goal but otherwise completely failed to impose himself at all yet again when he was meant to be the senior man in midfield.

Kodjia. No thanks. He's already gone in his head. Every time he gets the ball all he wants is to dribble past everyone and shoot. Fine in the championship, fine against Liverpool under 23s. In the premier League though. He's no discipline whatsoever. He only thinks of himself.

If Jota had any physical attributes whatsoever he'd be a great player. Unfortunately he's no pace, no strength and hardly any stamina. He has the skills and the technical ability but he's never going to be anything more than what he is now.

So we march on to the semi finals. We did the job professionally enough but we could have had more if we'd really pushed. I'm glad we ruined it for sky who I'm guessing have spent the entire game jizzing over the scousers and their awful fans.

I thought he did well and I've given him almighty stick from his very first game and I mean 57 level stick but tonight he looked like a keeper for the very first time

His save second half was world class. As a shit stopper he's great. His throwing is also very good to be fair. His kicking seems to be either very good or god awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.