The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 68 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for their fans - as usual it is the fans that always get shafted.

You must be the only one feeling sorry for the Liverpool fans. I think a lot of them jumped at the chance to see their team away from home which is why they sold their tickets no problem, not least (Believe it or not) because it was a cup quarter final.

Listened to some of the game driving home from work on WM, atmosphere seemed to be non-existent but job done, roll on the semis and another chance to go to Wembley. History will say we beat Liverpool 5-0, not their u23’s.

Last edited:
Some really good positives last night, Nyland i thought was superb apart from the odd dodgy bit of distribution.

Lansbury ( second half ) Kodjia and Luiz played very well i thought too.

Always stuck up for Taylor but it`s finished now mate, he is just a liability and allows anyone to run at him and get in the box or get a cross off.

We have Hause as back up to Targett, no more Taylor please Dean - he was not good enough at Championship top level.
I agree about Nyland, looked a totally different player. I actually thought his distribution was excellent

Don't listen to 57. Nyland was fine but Kodj got MOTM and deservedly so. At last a touch of danger up front.

Thought we were fine. Don't know what people expect. Nyland had some saves to make but that's what he's there for. After the opening few minutes when the youth were all hyped up we were in control, picking our moments nicely when to attack. All good goals, even the second which was a deflection.

Hope Kodj starts on Saturday.
Kodjia went down at one point yesterday and stayed offside for time immemorial as we regained possession and looked to attack. My friend at the game said he was spoken to about this at the time by other players. I was thinking at the time he was on the verge of losing the crowd. He scored 2 which is great but goodness I wish he had more of a team mentality.

Funny how we view games differently. I thought Nylands distribution was woeful at times, but his general goalkeeping was very good considering what he has been through.
Lansbury on the other hand :eek:.

Made the mistake of watching some of the game back after recording it last night. Glad I went rather than watch on TV last night. The wankfest over Liverpool was unbearable and I'd just have gotten annoyed.

Controversial this but my mate put forward an interesting opinion. I only saw the first half so I haven't got the full picture. He says that Lansbury may be too aware for some of our players. He reckons Lansbury was playing balls through that anticipated our players making an intelligent run. The intelligent run didn't happen so Lansbury looked out of touch.
I look forward to watching a replay and seeing if he has a point.

Controversial this but my mate put forward an interesting opinion. I only saw the first half so I haven't got the full picture. He says that Lansbury may be too aware for some of our players. He reckons Lansbury was playing balls through that anticipated our players making an intelligent run. The intelligent run didn't happen so Lansbury looked out of touch.
I look forward to watching a replay and seeing if he has a point.

I thought he played some nice balls, but a few awful ones too that had nothing to do with players making runs.

My view on Lansbury is that he's certainly got quality on the ball but he's just too really be dangerous. I can't imagine his constant injuries over the last couple of years have helped. He did run about a bit last night but never seemed to get anywhere or do anything.

Nyland was good but he has a touch of the Karius's about him. Undoubtedly a great shotstopper but suffers from nerves and you just can't relax when he's playing.

Nyland was good but he has a touch of the Karius's about him. Undoubtedly a great shotstopper but suffers from nerves and you just can't relax when he's playing.

He was indeed a bag of nerves but Last night and the Wolves game he wasn't a bit nervous , I've never ever seen such a change in a keeper

That Liverpool side last night was better than the Orient or Bradford side we lost to seasons before. What impressed me last night was watching young lads play like the first team. We are now in the semi finals and the richest club in the world will play to win this trophy and that's what matters, we are in the mix and 4th from bottom and a cup final would be fantastic, I wish Oxford and Colchester all the luck in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.