The Car Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

Very nice.

Bit of a pain for me, I really only like 2 and 3 door. I'm a single lad (!) but buy 4-5 door because I drive my parents a lot and they couldn't get in / out of a 3 door. Looks lovely that!

Think Nat's car purchase will be put on hold now.

Her current lease car is die to go back in November, but if we're both working from home for another 6 months then we really don't need 2 cars.

Will save her a couple of grand and then she can look to get something in March/April when hopefully they'll be more choice in the mid-sized fully electric car market.

Yes, my sister and Mum are thinking they only need one car between them now. Sis works from home, and they have said that will continue, even after Covid, because it's worked so well.

I'm thinking of switching down to a One Series... not sure yet, this car is so nice, but now I'm semi retired, I'm really not driving very far.

Oh and in other news, I don't care, I don't want a Hummer... deano and bb, you are silly, silly boys... arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What ever car you get just make sure you have plenty of space, I went from a large car to a smaller car but fuck me I missed the space, now I have gone for a big car and its a better drive, more comfort for me and the passengers.

Go Electric but FFS Go big.

What ever car you get just make sure you have plenty of space, I went from a large car to a smaller car but fuck me I missed the space, now I have gone for a big car and its a better drive, more comfort for me and the passengers.

When my kids started school, the plan was to buy a smaller car so that the Mrs would be able to drive the kids to school. I got my head turned by a Ford Ranger (pick up truck) and ended up getting that with the intention of downgrading the other car to a smaller car. Seven years later I sold the other car and bought an SUV. Now I'm thinking that we don't need two massive cars and a XC60 and a smaller car would do the job nicely. Are small cars really that bad?

Agree, I had always had estates, always had something to load em up with.
Couple of years back I dropped down to a Golf GTD.
Lovely car to drive, but when you are looking to go anywhere, luggage, dog etc collect anything, it soon filled up.
Dropped it last year, stolen actually, and now back up to a decent sized estate.

Yep, I don’t do the actual car versions I’m in forklift ones but it highlights some of the issues with Lithium powered cars , I spoke yesterday to a guy with a Tesla , he hates it and won’t have another one. The company got a high mileage BMW estate for him and a colleague to use for longer journeys. He said the Tesla is very uncomfortable on a journey. It will recharge in 40 mins on a supercharger, very few around, 8 hours on a home pod charger. 40 hours on normal mains.

Once i can clear the rest of finance, I will 'downgrade' the car a bit, to help compensate for the op expenditure. Sounds like if I don't do petrol, hybrid for now would be best then.

Fear's new car has been launched in the US. 15,500 nm is definitely enough to get over the speed bumps in Sainsbury's.