The Car Thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

Is it being picked up in the UK that EV sales are collapsing and second hand EVs are losing value hand over fist?

Anyone on here got any experience of extended car warranties. My manufacturer warranty runs out 29/04.

Anyone on here got any experience of extended car warranties. My manufacturer warranty runs out 29/04.

I think of it like insurance, it's basically a scam. I wouldn't bother with it unless you have way more car than you can afford and a serious problem with it would financially cripple you.

Last edited:
Unless there is a very good deal out there, personally I would rather put some money aside each month.

Bought junior 2’s first car this weekend as she passed a couple of weeks ago. Picked it up today after test driving etc yesterday. Little Hyundai i10, 2010 with only 54,000 on the clock, one owner , only a couple of services missed , MOT until next April . Done all the checks possible really. Fingers crossed it’s all ok…..

Myself and Mrs M spent the afternoon cleaning it within an inch of its life while junior did the important stuff like sorting out her music ( that’s my girl) and putting little teddies , smelly stuff and looking at stickers to put in it.

Made me think of my first car . Mk 1 Ford Fiesta that I bought off my brother for 200 quid.

What was your first car ?.

Vauxhall Corsa.

But as per @sirdennis, as long the vehicle in question gets me where and need to go (and, ideally, back again), then I'm not much bovvered, as referenced by the fact I am rocking a Ford Mondeo these days :ROFLMAO:

Bought junior 2’s first car this weekend as she passed a couple of weeks ago. Picked it up today after test driving etc yesterday. Little Hyundai i10, 2010 with only 54,000 on the clock, one owner , only a couple of services missed , MOT until next April . Done all the checks possible really. Fingers crossed it’s all ok…..

Myself and Mrs M spent the afternoon cleaning it within an inch of its life while junior did the important stuff like sorting out her music ( that’s my girl) and putting little teddies , smelly stuff and looking at stickers to put in it.

Made me think of my first car . Mk 1 Ford Fiesta that I bought off my brother for 200 quid.

What was your first car ?.
Hillman Minx. You couldn't call a car a Minx now, bound to upset someone, everyone.