The Car Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

Power isn’t the issue, electric motors are direct drive and can have massive power, but it doesn’t last.

Power isn’t the issue, electric motors are direct drive and can have massive power, but it doesn’t last.

They take off like a rocket, won't be long before they have to be restricted.
The biggest problem is the infrastructure isn't there for everyone to have one Imagine several million people all plugging their Car in every night they flatten the national grid

They take off like a rocket, won't be long before they have to be restricted.
The biggest problem is the infrastructure isn't there for everyone to have one Imagine several million people all plugging their Car in every night they flatten the national grid
Can you imagine the roads around Villa Park, if they have two cars, or a neighbour or Villa Fan has parked outside your house and you need to get charged up.

Not much joined-up thinking has gone into this governments forcing people in electric cars , now there's a surprise
Just out of interest I was looking at Autotrader today, and the price of diesels doesnt seem to have altered at all.
If the government get bullied by the green lobby into bringing forward this cut off date for selling these cars I can see massive logistical issues all over the country.
To much gesture politics and politician frightened to offend anyone as per usual.

I took my daughter out for lunch today , bit of Dad daughter time, which was nice .
Then we drove around various car parks for ages because my new car has auto park and thus parks itself and unparks itself and I hadn't tried it out properly yet.
Good fun but very unnerving!. It takes alot of faith.

I took my daughter out for lunch today , bit of Dad daughter time, which was nice .
Then we drove around various car parks for ages because my new car has auto park and thus parks itself and unparks itself and I hadn't tried it out properly yet.

I have that on my truck but I've never tried it. I've had it for about a year and a half.

Then we drove around various car parks.

Have you forgotten how to park?

See, I skipped the insulting joke!

On a serious point, as a non-driver I see how parking aids can help like distance etc etc but if you're in control of a car and need the car to park, shouldn't you not be driving in the first place?

I bet your daughter had the best father/daughter time ever, sitting in a car while her dad drove round various car parks not actually parking himself :lol:

On a serious point, as a non-driver I see how parking aids can help like distance etc etc but if you're in control of a car and need the car to park, shouldn't you not be driving in the first place?

See both sides tbh. It's an argument that you could apply to many things with a modern car I guess . All sorts of driving assist aids on modern cars. Collision avoidance warning, lane assist, tiredness sensors.
Bottom line is whatever you have in the car the driver is in charge and control at all times.

Last edited:
I bet your daughter had the best father/daughter time ever, sitting in a car while her dad drove round various car parks not actually parking himself :lol:

I had just treated her to lunch, taken her to Superdrug ( for a 15 year old very much a girly girl into hair, make up, music etc this is her favourite shop) and she had her tunes on in the car. She was perfectly happy. Lol.

As my 6 month driving ban ends on the 15th November, I'm looking for a new car.

The trick is, finding one were they give me a job to go with it..........

I like diesel, lots of torque.

The BMW 335 m thing I had was insane. Could have got into all sorts of trouble with it really, the acceleration was a thing of wonder, pushed you right back in your seat. That was diesel.

Didn't realise you had been banned. Ouch!

Yeah.... too many miles, giving me the opportunity to tot up too many 3 point speeding points. You know the type...... foot off the peddle coasting down into a 30mph zone and getting done doing 34-35 mph type of thing.... except one were I was doing over 60mph on the A44.

Have you forgotten how to park?

See, I skipped the insulting joke!

My car is a womans car because it can park itself.
Had the car 18 months and never used it until this week, just to see if it worked.
Very weird feeling, which left me wondering how I would cope in one of these driverless vehicles.
I have come to the conclussion I am a control freak.
My wife has been right all these years.

My car is a womans car because it can park itself.
Had the car 18 months and never used it until this week, just to see if it worked.
Very weird feeling, which left me wondering how I would cope in one of these driverless vehicles.
I have come to the conclussion I am a control freak.
My wife has been right all these years.

I remember my boss telling me 4 years ago that autonomous cars would be here in the next 10 years and we'd be all buying them. I actually said out loud don't talk so fucking stupid. I knew he was a brainwashed company man but that took it to a new level of stupidity or probably naivety.

My car has just passed its first MOT.
In the emissions record is printed "engine running to clean to detect a reading"
Now that begs the question is my car really running very clean or is there a cheat on the engine management system.
Oh yes, forgot to mention its German.