The Car Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

Have people forgotten how to overtake. Just come back from taking the dogs a walk in some woods up on the North coast and ended up at the back of a queue of eight cars behind a thirty mph driver, on a good road.
Not one person attempted to overtake, and no one left a gap so that I could overtake a few cars at time.
It wasnt safe to do all eight cars at once so had to sit there until this twat turned off.
I would argue they are just a dangerous as aggressive drivers because of the frustration they cause.

I need a bit of advice here. There is crazy import tax here on cars so cars made in Europe or the US are super expensive and cars made here are cheaper (but still expensive).

I've found a service that will cover all of the shipping, paperwork etc that has an import licence. So I could buy a car in the UK and they will look after importing it.

I need a car that is out of warranty (since they won't honour the UK warranty here anyway), something with high depreciation but is also reliable. I guess I'm looking for the best reliable luxury car that's freshly out of warranty.

Any ideas?

I need a bit of advice here. There is crazy import tax here on cars so cars made in Europe or the US are super expensive and cars made here are cheaper (but still expensive).

I've found a service that will cover all of the shipping, paperwork etc that has an import licence. So I could buy a car in the UK and they will look after importing it.

I need a car that is out of warranty (since they won't honour the UK warranty here anyway), something with high depreciation but is also reliable. I guess I'm looking for the best reliable luxury car that's freshly out of warranty.

Any ideas?

A scooter?

There is a great series on here called Vintage Voltage. They take classic cars and convert them to electric. There have been some lovely vehicles.

I've had a think, and I reckon I'd like an original Land Rover Defender as my conversion. I could get the bike in the back, and take it to new locations.

Theory is identical to those charge pads for phones - wireless charging in effect, so it's perfectly plausible - the question is how much charge will a car take whilst in motion compared to what it expends. It might not be the long journey fix...but it's got to make it safer tootling around.

And it opens up charging whilst parked - supermarkets, car parks etc without the fight for a wired charging point.

Just did the mock theory test for your driving license. Passed. Phew!

Got a few wrong, unfortunately when I clicked one to see what the right answer was, I couldn't get back to check the other ones! I didnt know the 11 year old kid under a certain height one, which is something I've never had to deal with! LOL

50 questions. I got 43 right.

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info...r-practice-theory-tests/car-practice-test-one
49 :Fingers:

Good test actually. Some of the answer options were quite amusing.

Just thinking, with all of the Chinese brands out there looking to go global, all of the new EV companies and the enormous amount of legacy automakers, there is going to be a really nasty battle for survival in the auto industry.

There has already been a lot of consolidation within the industry into big groups, VAG, FCA, PSA etc.

Looks like giant strides doesn't it? Be interesting to see if this replaces the push toward electric. Certainly part of my reasoning for keeping with petrol with the latest purchase.

Same here. If we all buy electric and then go hydrogen with the next car, there are all those batteries to dispose of.

As the candidate for the County Council, representing the Green party, in a few weeks, I have to say Hydrogen is the future.