The Car Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

Oh cool, even better! Yes, just googled, Cowley and now a plant in Holland as well.

They did a good discount to get the order in before Xmas shut down, not sure why, thought they meant in Germany.

Yes I got good discount when I ordered in June.

What’s the views on the new Alfa’s? Guilia and Stelvio. Anyone got one or drove one? I think the Stelvio sporty versions are gorgeous. That reputation of lower quality still sticks in my head but is probably now an old myth.

What’s the views on the new Alfa’s? Guilia and Stelvio. Anyone got one or drove one? I think the Stelvio sporty versions are gorgeous. That reputation of lower quality still sticks in my head but is probably now an old myth.

Yeah, nice looking cars, my sister in law has one, if you are keen on getting one, I'll ask her what she thinks. The old rep I am sure is just that, think they used to be considered rust buckets didn't they!?

Top Gear always made a big deal of Alfas. They don't even sell them here. I do love the looks of the Giulia though.

FCA cars have a bad reputation for reliability.

Are you thinking of getting one?

Top Gear always made a big deal of Alfas. They don't even sell them here. I do love the looks of the Giulia though.

FCA cars have a bad reputation for reliability.

Are you thinking of getting one?

Yes Top Gear loved Alfa’s, haven’t watched TG for years so I don’t know if they’ve reviewed the more recent ones. I’m not usually a huge Alfa fan as the style dates quites quickly I find eg Brera, though the two models above though seem a bit in line with the shape of Mercs and BMW’s in its class which is definitely the market they should go after and tease people away from German.

I would love to test drive a Stelvio but they look like big money so one for the future perhaps for me.

Yes, oops indeed.

In a brief report, the police said: "The driver had just purchased the vehicle and was out test driving the car when he lost control causing it to crash and catch fire. Luckily for him he managed to escape uninjured before the fire took hold.

"Unfortunately for him he didn’t take out any insurance on his nice new car before taking it out for a test drive. The car is now destroyed and the driver has been reported to court."

My car has been manufactured, delivered to the dealership and I've chosen my registration number.

Just got to wait until March 1st now. Well, I haven't got to, but might as well, silly not to get the new registration really.

Really looking forward to this, will look back with great fondness at my 3 series's that I've had over the years, but time for a smaller car and this is a pretty substantial and great quality motor.