The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread! | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread!

didn`t see the game but feel England have an even money chance of making final
croatia weak at defending set play ,,,,,,,maguire to score

One of the reasons we are seeing so many "upsets" is the modern era with players as brands. Brazil are hyped us as Neymar, Argentina are hyped up as Messi, Portugal are hyped up as Ronaldo.

Then they go on a big hype up of the nations with major star players ignoring if they are good teams or not. No surprises from me that those 3 went out. It is a team game.

Of the last 4 Belgium probably have the best overall team, Croatia and France have some good players with some average. England have 1 star up front but are working well as a team.

I think we have a really good chance because of that.

Think we have a massive chance of reaching the Final. Croatia are good, but the Russia game took an awful lot out of them. Think we have too much for them and their injuries/ knackeredness will play a big part against them.

Croatia are tired. They came out the block so flying in the group stage but seem to be struggling more now. We can beat them.

I can’t split Belgium and France.

Let's not underestimate any team containing Modric and Rakitic who would both get into any international team, but as a collective England may have the edge here coupled with seemingly a couple of injury issues Croatia had at the end of their game.

Let's face it if England were offered a semi final against Croatia three weeks ago they would have bitten whole arms off.

That said I'm sure they will be thinking the same about playing us

I wonder if Southgate went into the tournament with a plan b for playing the ‘attacking teams’ like France, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, Spain, etc. So far we have only played teams set up defensively. [ignoring the Belgium reserves game here]

Croatia are going to love it if we play an attacking midfield of alli, lingard, and Henderson - and go at them. Whereas they struggled against Denmark, and struggled in the same way Spain did against Russia.

I think we could be a very dangerous team with open spaces for the counter attack, it could be sterling’s perfect set up to join the party.

i'm in Sainsbury's looking at the Papers while Mrs Croozey is looking at the clothes. Headlines on a couple of todays sunday papers-
" 3 lions mash Swedes"
"Keep calm and Harry on ! "

Sky Sports news showed footage from Lincoln v Chelsea u21 and Lincoln’s single stacking routine at corners and asked have England been watching Lincoln, didn’t mention the two copied free kicks though.

Sky Sports news showed footage from Lincoln v Chelsea u21 and Lincoln’s single stacking routine at corners and asked have England been watching Lincoln, didn’t mention the two copied free kicks though.

Certain that the Croatians were also using the same corners against Russia. Clearly we are seen as innovators across the globe now

Couldn't quite word what I think of France quite correctly, but came across this tweet last night which says is better than I was trying to!

"A team that always has enough, and much more, but always only does enough, and never more."

Couldn't quite word what I think of France quite correctly, but came across this tweet last night which says is better than I was trying to!

"A team that always has enough, and much more, but always only does enough, and never more."

Yes they're quite frustrating to watch in a way because you know they have so much more in the tank.

Hopefully that approach costs them and Croatia win on Sunday, but I can't see it.

Yes they're quite frustrating to watch in a way because you know they have so much more in the tank.

Hopefully that approach costs them and Croatia win on Sunday, but I can't see it.
Don't think we'll see the best of them until Deschamps leaves.