The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread! | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread!

Fancy applying for a managers job ?? . Talking a good talk means your must be able to walk a good walk .

Every team he manages does well with the players he inherits and then progressively gets worse as he brings his own players in.

In charge of Wigan, tried to play football when his team would've been better off playing the high balls and headers. Got relegated.

In charge of Everton, a team that had been built around players for the get it wide, cross it in and head it. Failed spectacularly trying to play tiki taka.

Even boasted that Fellaini wouldn't get in his side if he was still at Everton.

In charge of Belgium. Now has a team that actually can play nice football. however you come up against Japan. Not so great in the air defensively. Keeper has struggled throughout the tournament on crosses and you have Fellaini, one of the most dominant in front of goal on headers!!!!

On paper Belgium have the best side in this tournament. I don't think they will win though because of Martinez.

His whole career has somehow continued from praise of his work at Swansea, who he failed to get up despite a large budget (Brendan Rodgers did it the season after Martinez left for Wigan.)

While at Swansea hes said he would only ever leave if he was sacked. He continually slagged off players that left Swansea for big money and then..............jumped to Wigan when he was offered the job.

And no I don;t fancy applying for a manager's job. Not my line of work.

Last edited:
Thinking about the France goal earlier, what's with Keepers punching shots straight at them. Seen lots doing it, I'm sure a few years ago they would have just caught jt.

I really have no idea why so many seem to want to party or punch the ball away when catching it nullifies the danger. Do they want to look more glamorous with a fancy palm away? :shrug:

Just listened to Garreth talking about not being as good as people say you are when times are good and not as bad as people say when times aren’t..........

France v Belgium should be good. Which teams players can dig their not as talented managers out with a piece of magic? The way De Bruyne played against Brazil he would destroy any team. The way Belgium defended suggests that Griezmann and Mbappe are going to have a field day and Courtois will be needed frequently again.

Last 6 teams left all European, Other than Croatia all northern europe too. South American/European style of play not as effective in Russia or simply down to quality of teams?

Well you were right, South American teams all gone.

It's been super hot. I think it's just the quality of teams to be honest. Belgium had the moment of quality yesterday that Brazil didn't in KDB's goal.

Well you were right, South American teams all gone.

It's been super hot. I think it's just the quality of teams to be honest. Belgium had the moment of quality yesterday that Brazil didn't in KDB's goal.
Tbh I wasn't really, if anything I think it may be a tactical thing with managers unaware of how to play against certain styles. The Brazilians had better chances than the Belgians just didn't take them. The Colombians showed if they'd turned up to play football they could have smashed us but instead kept us in the game by playing dirty. The rest have come across the most likely potential champions in France. (I do believe in England but we'll be underdogs in the next 2 rounds if we beat Sweden).