The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread! | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread!

Sorry, but it was the right decision in my book. Hand to ball. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought penalty.
FIFA need to be told that the game is not played and cannot be refereed in slow-motion. In real time as this great game is played, that was never ever a penalty. The ball flashed through to his hand in about 0.000001 secs. Never ever in a million years was that hand to ball. Shocking, disgusting and ridiculous.

i said penalty, before he gave it. the ball was crossed in across the 6 yard box, his hand prevented the ball travelling into the danger zone. so interfered with play even though not intentional, so i'd give it for that reason.

4-1. i was worried at the start of the week that the Frenchies might do this to England. The thought was making me feel sick. Now they are gonna have a 2nd star on their shirt too.

i said penalty, before he gave it. the ball was crossed in across the 6 yard box, his hand prevented the ball travelling into the danger zone. so interfered with play even though not intentional, so i'd give it for that reason.
They are not the rules.
If VAR should be used (although I am 100% against), it should be only for goal line and offside decisions. Everything else is subjective. And so real time referee decisions should be respected.
Why in life are we trying to digitise everything, and in doing so de-humanising everything?

france must have a very high conversion rate. they only seem to go over the halfway line to score, haha.

Sorry, but it was the right decision in my book. Hand to ball. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought penalty.

I didn't think it was but realise there's a split opinion. However, for a penalty you surely need to be certain, and I don't see how, on review, the referee can be certain. Let alone certain he has to change his mind.

I'd like to know how many decisions, referred to VAR have been overturned because it seems to me that merely referring it puts pressure on the ref to overturn what he originally gave.

Either way, that's as controversial goal in a final as Geoff Hurst's second.

The rules seem yo change depending upon the competition. In the premiership you see Shearer and Lineker sit there saying hand in unnatural position = penalty. World Cup they say not intended so not a penalty.

For me, i’d trust the ref’s decision as I can see both ways. In this case ref said no and VAR said yes.

Much better final than most would expect. Croatia played well and were worthy runners up but the French always had that class.

And to think pre tournament I thought the German’s would win it. ?? At least the French were always my 2nd favourites.

It was an excellent World Cup, won't be the same next time when it's in November and December.

The rules seem yo change depending upon the competition. In the premiership you see Shearer and Lineker sit there saying hand in unnatural position = penalty. World Cup they say not intended so not a penalty.

For me, i’d trust the ref’s decision as I can see both ways. In this case ref said no and VAR said yes.

Nope! Ref said nothing then took several minutes to say yes. VAR is supposed to be about clear errors.

Really good WC, plenty of goals, late goals and good games with talking points.

R.e. the French penalty, I don't think it was one. The ball has travelled from a corner but there's a guy stood a yard or two in front of him. He's got no time to react off whether he's going to get a touch or not.

It's not VAR's fault either, it's the ref who gives the decision. VAR is great for the black or white decisions - offside, goal line-technology, but the grey areas i.e. penalties it's not so good.

The game reinforced what a great midfield Croatia have. All four of them are technically very good, but have the strength and work rate to go with it.

VAR is such a radical change to the game it has to offer significant unequivocal benefits that clearly improves decision making. I don't think in its current form it does that.

I think I like VAR, just seems to be the human error still cocking it up!

For me, one quick look at that in the studio, no penalty, no break in the game (the ball flicked off their player and hit him a yard away). If it's one of those where the defender punches it away or a Maradona type one then VAR should catch it, but not that.

Slowing it down a million times just seems ridiculous when it all happened in 0.1 of a second.