The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread! | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Big Vital Lincoln City World Cup 2018 Thread!

I felt sorry for the ref. Hard enough to control that, but with VAR in your ear as well and coaches and players acting the fool and drawing TV screens in the air it was next door to impossible. Nothing has ever been done about the waving of imaginary cards so I can't see them stopping these antics either.

This happens. This is football. Players make mistakes. Officials make mistakes. The great thing is humans are making them. Nothing in life is perfect. If a goal is disallowed because of an offside so be it. In real time it was offside. In super slo-mo you could argue he was half an inch onside. Ridiculous. The game is not played in slo-mo. Lampards goal against Germany. I've moved on. Wrong decision. But this is life.
And another thing with VAR is that it is making players take a chance on cheating. Why not dive or appeal madly for a VAR? You never know, could con the ref. So, also clearly not going to clean up the game.

They wouldn’t have done. They were ahead of Iran on goals scored and head to head.

I think you might be missing the point?

Anyway, on the subject of play acting and diving, was it Zabaleta having a go about that on the BBC? Whilst sitting right next to Drogba? I'm not sure BBC Sport understands the meaning of the word "irony"

It would have evened out in the next world cup when Spain were awarded a penalty incorrectly. Or whatever.

Personally I'm not interested in - allegedly- better decisions at the expense of entertainment.

It would have evened out in the next world cup when Spain were awarded a penalty incorrectly. Or whatever.

Personally I'm not interested in - allegedly- better decisions at the expense of entertainment.

Fair enough, it's not like we ever missed it when we didn't have it. I'm actually sceptical of the use of it myself except for clear factual decisions that can be made in a studio within 10 seconds.

By the way, did that HoG goal from the World Cup in 1986 ever even itself out?

I think you might be missing the point?

Anyway, on the subject of play acting and diving, was it Zabaleta having a go about that on the BBC? Whilst sitting right next to Drogba? I'm not sure BBC Sport understands the meaning of the word "irony"
I’m just messing with you. I get what you’re saying. I just found it funny how your example wouldn’t have changed anything.

Fair enough, it's not like we ever missed it when we didn't have it. I'm actually sceptical of the use of it myself except for clear factual decisions that can be made in a studio within 10 seconds.

By the way, did that HoG goal from the World Cup in 1986 ever even itself out?
Oh absolutely. Karma burned marradonna's life down with an excess of drugs and poor decisions.

But I don't care if it didn't. Sometimes life is just a bitch and you shrug and move on.

VAR is rubbish for so many reasons it's difficult to list them all. But here are a few:

1. The guidelines are applied so inconsistently it's all but useless as a review tool in its current application.

2. It isn't suited to a free flowing game like football- unlike stop-start sports like tennis and cricket.

3. If anything it is making players' and managers' behaviour even worse.

4. Rather than helping refs it is undermining both their confidence and authority.

It's a disaster.

I thought they were getting slightly better with VAR but you still need a competent ref in the middle. That Norman Wisdom lookalike in the Portugal-Iran game was way out of his depth

If you think Iran and Portugal was bad last night for gamesmanship, I think Uruguay vs Portugal will top it!

Watched one of the favourites get shafted,they looked like they didn`t want it.
var used for goal 1 and the second Korea goal was brilliant.....shades of the game v ipswich but without a German goalkeeper.