The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there’s an obligation to buy I think he’ll be very much back at the end of the season anyway. AEG was fine in the championship but so many times in the Premier League he’s an empty shirt and for a 6ft bloke is actually a bit of a fairy.
One thing I will say about him though is a very good penalty taker.

I wish him well, he came here and played his role in getting us promoted, and also in staying up.

I concur with the downsides of him such as being a 6 foot 2, glove wearing fairy, and if I’m honest I’m disappointed with his progress. At 25/26 he should have been pushing on for us, but he’s gone backwards. Perhaps a move reinvigorates his development so good luck to him.

At times when he was willing to use his body when he got himself fired up he looked the part, but more often than not seemed to be a chocolate teapot. A fair few players fail at this level by not being able or willing to get the physical side of the game right, he can’t run with a ball and fend off body contact enough for me.

I’m surprised he’s got a move to another PL club even if on loan, thank god we’ve moved away from awful January signings - Baston, Drunkwaiter.

Not the biggest fan of Anwar. I always get frustrated with players who clearly have good technical ability but seem to lack the desire and fight to be successful. Think a few of us on here have said previously if you mixed El Ghazi's technique with Trezeguets energy and combativeness we'd have a top player on our hands.
Hopefully he'll perform well for Everton and earn himself a Summer move somewhere.

Like Trez (but more) he has played his part in Villa's history by scoring some priceless and important goals, but it's time to move on for the sake of his career and I wish him all the best.

I wish him well, he came here and played his role in getting us promoted, and also in staying up.

I concur with the downsides of him such as being a 6 foot 2, glove wearing fairy, and if I’m honest I’m disappointed with his progress. At 25/26 he should have been pushing on for us, but he’s gone backwards. Perhaps a move reinvigorates his development so good luck to him.

At times when he was willing to use his body when he got himself fired up he looked the part, but more often than not seemed to be a chocolate teapot. A fair few players fail at this level by not being able or willing to get the physical side of the game right, he can’t run with a ball and fend off body contact enough for me.

I’m surprised he’s got a move to another PL club even if on loan, thank god we’ve moved away from awful January signings - Baston, Drunkwaiter.

too many players come and just go through the motions, very happy to take the money without any shame, i suppose they have a weekend with the family and turn up on monday, nice and early and very refreshed, seanie

Played a part in our return to the top flight with his goal in the play offs a particular highlight and after years of suffering all of them were heroes that day against Derby so anyone wearing the claret n blue that afternoon goes with a big vote of thanks from me. Another player who won’t take us to that ‘next level’ but can’t doubt the £7/8m we paid for him was very well spent.

I knew it was too good to be true when an actual transfer fee was being touted around, obviously £15m was high comedy as I thought at the time.

I thought the "El" was to do with his North African ancestry (as in "El Cid" perhaps) but it turns out it's short for Elvis!
Like most others on here, I wish him well. He scored some important goals for us and we'll now have to find someone to take our penalties.

Just a loan for now I believe.

Yup - I'm assuming there's potentially an optional buy clause but news is quiet about that (least what I've read). Just can't see him heading out on loan now if there's not an understanding his time with us is up - especially with Trez + Bertie at AFCON. - we don't want him as a body.

I appreciate the fact he needs to go to play regular football and he probably isn't of the standard we are aiming for but I'm a little disappointed as I think he's got all the tools to be a top player just a shame he couldn't find consistency, that and the fact he just doesn't look right in Everton colours.
All the best Anwar and thanks for some good memories 👏👏👏

Status
Not open for further replies.