The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost possession 16 times, zero dribbles, tried to curl one shot in first half when he should have just wellied it, 4 ineffective crosses, a blatant dive, a second booking “tackle” after already booked. Should have been taken off in first half another inaction by Dean.

No he wasn',t take away trying to get sent off and he had more serious attempts at goal than the rest put together. A least he shoots . The worrying thing is he's still better than Buendia and Baily even if we want to pretend he isn't. How bad must they be

And at least he has done some level of a job for us and and scored some crucial goals. Not the answer……

But it’s ok . The You tube fans , German football watchers and the Norwich fans amongst know that Bailey and Buendia will be great .
#gotcarriedawayinaugust

And at least he has done some level of a job for us and and scored some crucial goals. Not the answer……

But it’s ok . The You tube fans , German football watchers and the Norwich fans amongst know that Bailey and Buendia will be great .
#gotcarriedawayinaugust
He certainly owes us nothing for the 8m or whatever he cost us We have Buendia Bailey and now Watkins cost us the best part of 100m and struggle to trap a football.
I'm not Anwar's biggest fan but he's the least of our worries

Anwar played well in the cup games. I think he's the sort of player who plays well when the team is confident and playing well. Otherwise he tends to overcompensate. Last night he was going it alone, partly because nobody else was playing the right runs.

I've seen us play some excellent stuff down the wings. But the movement seems to have dried up.

Guess I'm in the minority then in thinking he wasn't that bad last night.

Doesn't mean i think he is the answer or has a future though.

Was ok at times, for sure, but was ridiculous for the second foul, that should have been a second yellow. So then, you would think he'd have calmed back down, but no, he does and does that embarrassing dive.

Also a few times he could have at least got the ball on target with a shot, but he wasn't alone in that, a good few were as bad/as good (whichever way people want to say it!)

Was ok at times, for sure, but was ridiculous for the second foul, that should have been a second yellow. So then, you would think he'd have calmed back down, but no, he does and does that embarrassing dive.

Also a few times he could have at least got the ball on target with a shot, but he wasn't alone in that, a good few were as bad/as good (whichever way people want to say it!)

I didn’t see the dive or even know it happened . Not seen it back either . But the consensus is it was embarrassing so will go with that!.

Tbh it was nice to see some shit housery from one of our players with his cynical fouls to stop breakaways. Could have done with that against wolves , West Ham and spuds when we had dragged ourselves into winning or drawing positions. We are too naive. But yes there is a fine line.

I didn’t see the dive or even know it happened . Not seen it back either . But the consensus is it was embarrassing so will go with that!.

Tbh it was nice to see some shit housery from one of our players with his cynical fouls to stop breakaways. Could have done with that against wolves , West Ham and spuds when we had dragged ourselves into winning or drawing positions. We are too naive. But yes there is a fine line.

I'd recommend you see it, honestly I would, because there was no fine line, it was awfully embarrassing!

#gotcarriedawayinaugust

I doubt there is a football manager in world football who would take El Ghazi over Bailey. The bloke has been injured most of the time since signing and is still not 100% match sharp. I thought he was crap last night, but we can’t be writing him off this quickly

Went for the spectacular thunderf*ck curler last night when either a pass to Watkins or Bailey more central for a possible tap in (Except they'd probably mis-control it too) or a placed composed shot would have at least tested the keeper.
I did shout for a pen when he went down but after seeing it back, it was shocking. An total Forrest gump of a player, never know what we're gonna get from him.

turns up when he wants to, hes what in cricket would be known as a flat track bully, put him against anyone decent and 9 times out of 10 hell do a disappearing act.... id take as much as i could get for him in January and ship him out pretty fast

hell impress the new manager for the first few weeks then drop off the face of the pitch..... too much of a passanger

Off on loan to Everton and probably played his last game for Villa.

For the 8m we paid for him, plus whatever the loan fee was, he's been a good signing seeing as he played a major part in the 10 game winning run, scored the winner in the play off final and scored a fair few important goals in premier league.

He's not consistent enough to get us where we want to be but good luck to him. He's annoyed me on many an occasion but he's provided as many great moments that will be remembered.

Everton kit man just ordered an extra box of gloves... :grinning:
But seriously, aside from one or two moments I've never been convinced by Anwar. He looks like a player, moves like a player but he is not someone I'd ever want alongside me in a battle.... Ironically it was his no-show in the Everton away match in our first season back (ducked out of the way when he could have scored, then failed to track his man for their goal) that finally convinced me he'd never make it beyond a few moments for the highlight reels. I don't dislike him, I'm sure he's a nice lad, but he just doesn't have that extra edge that top players need....

Status
Not open for further replies.