The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 14 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey will be starting in that position when fit. I don't think we're trying to get a carbon copy of Grealish but rather evolve our play. I see either Bailey, Ings and Traore or Watkins, Ings and Bailey as the likely line up up top. Or something left field like Ings and Watkins as a two.

Either way, El Ghazi will not be starting when everyone is fit IMO.
I personally think Bailey Ings and Watkins will be the choice, with them interchanging across the front 3 positions during the game. I suppose I hope that's how it will work really. I can't see a 424 or 442 as our wide players don't do defending

My issue with him is that he rarely looks to make an assist. It's shoot on sight. But you then have wasted an attack that someone else could have benefitted from.
It's not good enough.
He's done some great assists. If he sees the opportunity he heads for the byline, out-pacing the defender and whips in some great crosses. Witness his assist for Samatta in the Cup.

The arguments about El Ghazi are the same ones we’ve had about Hourihane in the past, yes he scores goals, yes we’d like him to add more to his game. Nothing against the lad, I just think he’s reached his ceiling and we need to be looking for someone to be an upgrade - as we do with every single player. We all want European football and cup runs, so we must constantly evolve and improve.

Nothing on this thread I’ve read comes close to the madness and pure hatred that came out for Westwood, we’re just suggesting an upgrade would be nice.

The arguments about El Ghazi are the same ones we’ve had about Hourihane in the past, yes he scores goals, yes we’d like him to add more to his game. Nothing against the lad, I just think he’s reached his ceiling and we need to be looking for someone to be an upgrade - as we do with every single player. We all want European football and cup runs, so we must constantly evolve and improve.

Nothing on this thread I’ve read comes close to the madness and pure hatred that came out for Westwood, we’re just suggesting an upgrade would be nice.
Have we not upgrades on Anwar with Bert and Leon? but sadly JG decided to set us back hence Anwar is still in the frame and at this moment in time is our most senior wide player available. Possibly the only one we have to play on the left.

I don't think we're desperate for £10 million, so as long as Anwar understands his place in the squad, realises he won't play every week and won't throw his toys out of the pram then he's definitely a useful player to have around.

the reality is, AEG is one of the most important members of our squad when you look at goals and assists. He isn't the best of players but that's where we are at the moment as a club, hopefully a stable mid-table side

But when everyone is fit he probably won't be starting and thus remain very decent back up and a good rotation option. So I think of all players requiring an upgrade he's very low on the list at this point.

Pmsl when there is talk of upgrade .

Upgrade on the highest Premier league scorer for us since our return in 2019.

Upgrade?. We have just bought 2 players who are supposed 'upgrades' in the squad. One played in the championship last year, one has never played in this league.

Yet the one who has proved he can play in this league for us and score needs upgrading?. Eh ?.

Upgrade?. We have just bought 2 players who are supposed 'upgrades' in the squad. One played in the championship last year, one has never played in this league.

Yet the one who has proved he can play in this league for us and score needs upgrading?. Eh ?.
he's been identified as the next scapegoat

He's a decent squad player, but it depends what sort of offers we receive. If a club put in a bid of £20-25m for El Ghazi I'd think we would sell him. He will have the occasional purple patch where he scores a few, but has to be one of our most frustrating players. Every season there are numerous debates on this site about his inconsistency and doing FA during games.
Our business model of buying young payers on the up, will involve selling some on for a profit. Its the 1st team regulars we dont want to be selling.

He's a decent squad player, but it depends what sort of offers we receive. If a club put in a bid of £20-25m for El Ghazi I'd think we would sell him. He will have the occasional purple patch where he scores a few, but has to be one of our most frustrating players. Every season there are numerous debates on this site about his inconsistency and doing FA during games.
Our business model of buying young payers on the up, will involve selling some on for a profit. Its the 1st team regulars we dont want to be selling.
he pretty much is a first team regular as it stands

he pretty much is a first team regular as it stands

Not really, he's in the team due to others being injured. You arent seriously telling me he's going to be a regular in the starting 11 when Bailey, Bert and Ollie are back fully fit. I'm not having a go at him, but players will need to move on as we bring others in.

9 goals from open play and and 4 assists in 64 league games and regularly a non-entity on the pitch against better teams.

Yeah, I reckon we should upgrade.

We need a right-footed left-sided wide forward who can produce at a higher level than AEG has shown he can, whilst we see how the youngsters coming through progress.

Much love and thanks to Anwar for his contributions in getting us this far but unless he somehow kicks on another level at 26 years old we should be looking to improve on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.