The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More a damning indictment of our strikers that first season.

Well to be fair Wesley did get injured halfway through the season on 5 goals so its not outrageous to suggest he'd have reached double figures if Ben Mee hadn't got upset about him scoring.

Sorry but being good at pens is not enough for a place in the team. Ings took his well too and he should take them anyway.

I thought Ings would take it but El Ghazi has scored every penalty he's ever taken for us so when he's on pitch he should have them as far as I'm concerned. He was fairly hopeless yesterday but I must admit that when I saw he was taking the penalty I had zero doubts he would score.

Well to be fair Wesley did get injured halfway through the season on 5 goals so its not outrageous to suggest he'd have reached double figures if Ben Mee hadn't got upset about him scoring.
Sure. But still, I don't think AEG bagging 8 goals in open play in 60+ games deserves an Opta stat tweet.

He is a right lightweight fanny but he has that habit of scoring .

Baggies away, that finish v Palace....

Small matter of the play off final.

Well considering the players we have bought he's still the only one who plays on the left unless of course, Dean is going to play Watkins out there, which he says he isn't.
Bailey plays on the right according to him and Buendia is a right-winger according to a bloke on the Norwich site. So that leaves our Anwar as the only player who wants to play there

Good squad player and takes a good penalty. I wouldn’t want to see him as a nailed on starter though.

He's still a complete coin toss performance wise and should be one of the first to be made surplus to requirements when we add more quality. With Ramsey, JPB, Chukwuemeka, Bailey, Traore as realistic options I'd rather even play Buendia out of position on the left than take a chance on Anwar there.

Don’t rate him at all as a player. A winger who hardly ever takes his man on never mind beat them. Someone who just shoots whenever he can regardless. Pings one in occasionally but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

He’s over 6ft and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him challenging for a header let alone win one. Would much rather give one of the youngsters - like Philogene-Bidace - a chance

Takes a great penalty but apart from that, no. Think he’s a waste of a shirt number.

I'm sure if the right offer came in we'd accept it. With Bidace coming through (and potentially others) I'm thinking we'll cash in sooner rather than later. Wish him no ill-will, just too inconsistent and even when he's having a good game, he still flatters to deceive. Think he'll be more suited to a European league personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.