The All New Takeover Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

If it is equity it shows how little he put in, in reality and how much he still stands to gain in that case.

Even I'd think that was too low a sum in fairness.

Of us signing Cahill.

I kind of think the same sirdennis, I don't think we could afford his wage and I couldn't exactly see him dropping his demands by as much, as would be needed, to make it a viable option.
On the other hand, he is a villa boy and just might fancy finishing his career where it all started.

Didn't Bruce himself say that we wouldn't be signing Terry due to the owners wanting us to go in a different, younger direction though so I would imagine that these scouts and technical staff are simply going to be replaced by another group doing the same thing. I can't imagine that it means we'll be bringing in another load of 30 somethings on big money even if Bruce wanted to.

Hope that's right. We need a football brain in the background overseeing the development on the football side, and clearly that's not Purslow.

Pursloe was doing two things at Liverpool, one was putting together a deal to get the Yanks bought out, funnily enough as it happens, by an American outfit. His second job was increasing their commercial intake, which he did very successfully.
He also had great commercial success at Chelsea, dramatically increasing their off-field income.
I hope that is his remit here at the Villa.
The new owners were very clever in making sure he invested a chunk of his own money into the club.

Didn't Bruce himself say that we wouldn't be signing Terry due to the owners wanting us to go in a different, younger direction though so I would imagine that these scouts and technical staff are simply going to be replaced by another group doing the same thing. I can't imagine that it means we'll be bringing in another load of 30 somethings on big money even if Bruce wanted to.

Bruce said we wouldn't be signing Terry because we couldn't offer him as much as the Spartak deal, or even as much as he'd been paid the previous season.
The story about the new owners wanting to go in a different direction was from a different source.
Although, with the dismissal of the entire set-up scouting young european players, it does make one wonder if Bruce has been successful in changing the owners minds.

I kind of think the same sirdennis, I don't think we could afford his wage and I couldn't exactly see him dropping his demands by as much, as would be needed, to make it a viable option.
On the other hand, he is a villa boy and just might fancy finishing his career where it all started.

I would say there is a far greater chance of Bruce not being here by the time the season has ended , whether we get promoted or not.

Bruce said we wouldn't be signing Terry because we couldn't offer him as much as the Spartak deal, or even as much as he'd been paid the previous season.
The story about the new owners wanting to go in a different direction was from a different source.
Although, with the dismissal of the entire set-up scouting young european players, it does make one wonder if Bruce has been successful in changing the owners minds.

I doubt it. The interview with Wes Edens made it very clear his views on how he wants to run a sporting club.

I would say there is a far greater chance of Bruce not being here by the time the season has ended , whether we get promoted or not.

I would've thought the same sirdennis but, that was until the sacking of the seven, which does put more power into Bruces hands, even if only on a temporary basis.

I doubt it. The interview with Wes Edens made it very clear his views on how he wants to run a sporting club.

Bruce does have a way with words though sirdennis, I can see the possibility of him persueding new owners at their first football club that things don't work the way they want to go.

I think Ian Atkins and perhaps several of the others were brought in by Steve Round. Prior to that was the committee farce of Reilly, Fox and the Danish guy from Arsenal. I see this as the CEO clearing the decks ready for a new DOF and if Bruce doesn’t work well with whomever is appointed to that role (the guy from Leicester who was at plop seems to be the most likely) then that friction could lead to a parting of the ways.

The Leicester bod is Eduardo Macia, currently their head of recruitment. Presumably if he became DoF then he'd want to set up his own team. That's the way it tends to work, although not sure why.

Agree with fatloser and McParland.

This is just in preparation for the new DoF. I woudl imagine whom ever it is must be in advance talks as he would have already been able to indicate who he is going to bring with him or who he woudl not desire to retain.

Simply making space for the new team.

The mail has explained the equity bit; Xia had to write off that amount of shares so that Sawaris and Edens could buy 55% of the club for £30m.

Clubs that employ a DoF normally don't have a manager as such, they have a first team coach, who has to be on the same page as the DoF with regards to club philosophy and style, as well as squad personnel to an extent.
Sacking the whole scouting set-up is a very unusual move, even if a DoF was being employed.
A New DoF would only need to notify the existing scouts of the type of player the club needs. Easier than setting up a whole new scouting system with their knowledge of other players noticed while watching specific targets.
As Bruce doesn't do training/coaching it's hard to see him working with a DoF, no matter who it is.
I find it strange that the seven, scouting young talent, are sacked and the next day it's reported that 35 year old injured centreback James Collins is asked to train with the squad.

Clubs that employ a DoF normally don't have a manager as such, they have a first team coach, who has to be on the same page as the DoF with regards to club philosophy and style, as well as squad personnel to an extent.
Sacking the whole scouting set-up is a very unusual move, even if a DoF was being employed.
A New DoF would only need to notify the existing scouts of the type of player the club needs. Easier than setting up a whole new scouting system with their knowledge of other players noticed while watching specific targets.
As Bruce doesn't do training/coaching it's hard to see him working with a DoF, no matter who it is.
I find it strange that the seven, scouting young talent, are sacked and the next day it's reported that 35 year old injured centreback James Collins is asked to train with the squad.

He could become the newly created position of Director of Catering........