The All New Takeover Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

The report seems to imply Bruce wanted experienced players he knew and Atkins wanted younger European prospects; Atkins was apparently in charge of European recruiting. Does that mean Nyland, Moreira, El Ghazi and others were Atkins' choices?

Note the bloke who overseas the out-on-loan players is also going.

It's not necessarily of worry to Bruce. After all, when Round got the boot it left Bruce freer to do the recruiting he wanted.

Whatever, it's a sign that the management intend to manage. Tin hat time.
I remember SB saying that he has had his eye on Nyland for years, so I'm pretty sure he was all SB. I can't imagine him choosing Moreira or El Ghazi though.

I think its as simple as new management see's the existing recruitment as the root of a larger problem of failed recruitment policies. What is the percentage of successful signings made over the past 6 years? Its pretty shocking and how many of these guys were in place when Tim was around. Probably not a huge risk.

Probably just trying to tidy it up the corporate ownership following the takeover

The £54,545,454 shares cancelled equals the previous number of ordinary shares (£30,000,000 NSWE, £24,545,454 recon).

It seems like they recently added 11,000,000 new shares and I would guess split it at the same % as before (55% NSWE, 45% Recon)

FYI Recon / Xia still own an additional £49,133,436 “deferred” shares with no voting rights or dividends. Taking a guess I would assume this has something to do with the “purchase of own shares” and the new number of deferred shares will equal 10,000,000

The end result will be the same except the figures are more rounded
The pdf is now up at Companies House and it's the 49,133,436 deferred shares which have been cancelled so it looks as if the new owners may have bought Xia out completely.

I think its as simple as new management see's the existing recruitment as the root of a larger problem of failed recruitment policies. What is the percentage of successful signings made over the past 6 years? Its pretty shocking and how many of these guys were in place when Tim was around. Probably not a huge risk.

CDX, I think the question to ask is what percentage of 'young' players, ever get a chance to play 3,4 or 5 games for the first team, unless the first team is hit by an injury crisis?
We have 20, 21, 22 and 23 year olds who never get near the first team but, are good enough to play international football.
Other clubs, especially in Europe, have teams with the majority of players in the above age bracket, kids who have played 100+ games in their respective leagues.

It's all very well having a team of experienced players 29 years of age and above but, it will cost the club vast amounts of money, for players of that age bracket will be on higher salaries and they will have no sell on value and it will cost high fees to replace them with other 29 years old+ players.

I wonder how much of this was at Bruce's behest as he strives to have more control at the club? I find it quite funny that he was present as these people got the chop when he should have been getting it first. I have no doubt that when dealing with Bruce on a personal level he is very charming and appealing to the the new owners with all of his "stability, experience Championship Jedi promotion master" spiel. It will be just what they want to hear after investing a lot of money and it's going to take them a while to suss him out unfortunately.

I wonder how much of this was at Bruce's behest as he strives to have more control at the club? I find it quite funny that he was present as these people got the chop when he should have been getting it first. I have no doubt that when dealing with Bruce on a personal level he is very charming and appealing to the the new owners with all of his "stability, experience Championship Jedi promotion master" spiel. It will be just what they want to hear after investing a lot of money and it's going to take them a while to suss him out unfortunately.

Was wondering about this. Everything set up by Wyness and Round seems to be being dismantled, with the curious effect that it leaves more power in Bruce's hands.

Does it have wider implications? Mooney was responsible for managing the loans out, in line with current thoughts about how progress of academy products in general should be monitored and supported as they transition from the academy to the real world. Where does it leave the academy and the U21s?

Is it ditching the notion that we generate a proportion of young players internally? Certainly Bruce seems have discarded any pretense of giving youth a chance (unless they're from other clubs). Wonder where the futures of O'Hare, Davis, Clark and others lie. Is the academy itself threatened?

My head hurts when I read the info about shares, can I take it that the new owners have control of all the shares?

When JF met the new owners , the one thing they told him was they were going to upgrade the academy , so I think it is safe MTG.

Also if as reported the new CEO gets his own choice of Director of Football in then I don't think Bruce will have any more power than he has now , more like he will have to adapt to fit in with the philosophy of the owners.

Bruce present at the cull? Like having Herod chairing the AGM at Mothercare!

Sportwitness reporting that in the summer, we, along with Watford, will be looking to make an offer, to then out of contract, 32 year old Gary Cahill.
If true, it looks like there is an internal power battle happening at the club, with Bruce winning the first battle.
I just wonder who will end up being being the beneficiary in such a war, I can't see it being the supporters.

How long have they been employed? Presumably, they were put in place by Steve Round and maybe Wyness, and it's a 'new broom' thing?

We have hardly pulled up any trees with our transfers over the past few years, so perhaps they just weren't any good?

JPA, put into place by Round and Wyness they've hardly had the time to get their jackets hung up, so the last few years hardly count against them.
I'd bet that some of them are the crew who found Bree, Bedeau and McGinn though.
McGinn is champion and anytime I've seen Bree or Bedeau, admittedly not too often, they've looked like they have that something extra.

When JF met the new owners , the one thing they told him was they were going to upgrade the academy , so I think it is safe MTG.

Also if as reported the new CEO gets his own choice of Director of Football in then I don't think Bruce will have any more power than he has now , more like he will have to adapt to fit in with the philosophy of the owners.

Hope that's right. We need a football brain in the background overseeing the development on the football side, and clearly that's not Purslow.