The All New Takeover Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

Difficult to trust anyone who buys a football club and isn't exactly a fan of that club.
An ideal owner would be a multi-billionaire Villa fan with nothing else to spend his money on. I don't know of one.

The last one I and a few others Stereotyped as a dodgy Chinese con man, apparently it's wrong to do that but...

Wurzel had doubts about Randy from the off and he turned out to be correct when everyone else was swooning over him. I had major doubts about General Krulac or whatever his name was, turned outright but at the time on here it was cringeworthy the sucking up to him on his thread he had. It all ended badly as things started to pan out

These two I have high hopes of but at the end of the day they are businessmen not Aston Villa fans and there is a hell of a lot of money to be grabbed in football, but personally, there are easier ways to add to your Billions that football, so who knows what they are in it for, Hopefully, it's an ego trip of owning a top football club

ps thought I'd posted this half an hour ago but i hadn't

We’ll certainly have a better idea very soon! Starting with the dismissals of all those responsible for wasting their money. They must think it’s weird having a centre half as manager and assistant manager who can’t recognise a decent centre half.
Big Ron said Villa fans need a star or two. Yet it looks as if the owners won’t be able to keep the only one we’ve got.

Being a Villa fan since you were born has nothing to do with good ownership. Neither has it anything to do with being a good manager, for that matter. Villa is an attractive club. It has a long history, a great ground, and great supporters; it is the big club in its own area. That will attract owners, which is all to the good; seems biting off the hand which feeds if they're going to be slagged off for not being lifelong fans. The important thing is that they are good for the club.

Thought Randy started off fine. And Krulak. It was probably Krulak on the board which gave the project some momentum in the early days; it was notable that when he was forced to take a back seat that things started to drift.

I think our current owners are great. It's not just money. It's the way the club is being restructured from the bottom up. They seem to know how to run a business, and indeed what's needed in a football club. They seem to have their eyes open. They seem to have a good mix of ambition tempered with an awareness of the tasks ahead. Things can always go pear-shaped, but I think clubwise they're doing fine. Possibly for the first time ever we could end up as one of the best run clubs in the PL. There may be ups and downs ahead, but that's inevitable; there's no instant road to success, probably managers will come and go while we aim to go forwards.

Being a Villa fan since you were born has nothing to do with good ownership. Neither has it anything to do with being a good manager, for that matter. Villa is an attractive club. It has a long history, a great ground, and great supporters; it is the big club in its own area. That will attract owners, which is all to the good; seems biting off the hand which feeds if they're going to be slagged off for not being lifelong fans. The important thing is that they are good for the club.

Thought Randy started off fine. And Krulak. It was probably Krulak on the board which gave the project some momentum in the early days; it was notable that when he was forced to take a back seat that things started to drift.

I think our current owners are great. It's not just money. It's the way the club is being restructured from the bottom up. They seem to know how to run a business, and indeed what's needed in a football club. They seem to have their eyes open. They seem to have a good mix of ambition tempered with an awareness of the tasks ahead. Things can always go pear-shaped, but I think clubwise they're doing fine. Possibly for the first time ever we could end up as one of the best run clubs in the PL. There may be ups and downs ahead, but that's inevitable; there's no instant road to success, probably managers will come and go while we aim to go forwards.

You probably said the same about the last bloke knowing you ;)

I know there's a bit of doom and gloom at the moment. But look how far we have came in such a short amount of time.

Couple of years ago we were going bump. Along comes the owners and Dean Smith, we go on a magical run make the play-offs beat West Brom and Derby. We then massively overhaul the team because we needed to (not doing a Fulham). We've scared some teams this season and all; Arsenal, Liverpool, united and spurs okay we didn't win but we were having a go

We then make the league cup final and lost but showed we had fight. If you asked me 2-3 years ago we'd be in the Premier league, make a cup final and still be not be far off survival and the club in a stable position wouldn't you take it?

Of course you are right, to a degree. As fans we have endless resource (time) to think, criticize and totally misunderstand the full factors affecting the club and owners at any one time. Truth is our thoughts and concerns are not always realistic based on our lack of complete knowledge. (Talk to any football man he'll give you past examples of how what we thought we saw, was wrong.)

I'm not convinced we really scared any of the above teams, certainly not more than many other teams in this league. However yes the club is moving in the right direction, though a relegation now will lead to some lost momentum. Hopefully the new owners and those they decide to keep with them for the journey ahead will be formulating plans for whichever league we play in next year, whilst keeping their eye on the main target ahead...establishing this club towards the top of the PL.

Of course you are right, to a degree. As fans we have endless resource (time) to think, criticize and totally misunderstand the full factors affecting the club and owners at any one time. Truth is our thoughts and concerns are not always realistic based on our lack of complete knowledge. (Talk to any football man he'll give you past examples of how what we thought we saw, was wrong.)

I'm not convinced we really scared any of the above teams, certainly not more than many other teams in this league. However yes the club is moving in the right direction, though a relegation now will lead to some lost momentum. Hopefully the new owners and those they decide to keep with them for the journey ahead will be formulating plans for whichever league we play in next year, whilst keeping their eye on the main target ahead...establishing this club towards the top of the PL.
Don't be soft, sack the lot, if we don't beat Everton by at least five clear goals write some banners and angrily march around outside Eden's home. We demand success, when do we want it? 10 years ago! We are Aston Villa, don't the owners know our proud history?

Oops sorry, thought I was on the Arsenal forum.:sorry: