The All New Takeover Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

These new owners seem to have put a bit of a marker down in this transfer window. No folding to a “big” club trying to get our star assets on the cheap. No blowing money on over their best players and makingsensible looking acquisitions. Getting rid of debt and the beginnings of a long term plan.
Achievable ambition seems the motto. Great!

These new owners are like a breath of fresh air.

Any of our past ones would have parted with Jack and replaced him with rubbish.

I can't wait to see what they are like when we are in the prem.

Rebooting this thread.

I was thinking this morning that, although I didnt think it at the time, how bloody lucky not going up turned out.

If we had of gone up, Xia's gamble would have paid off, we would have been non the wiser to the issues as the 100m would have kept us going, but we were rudderless and hiding crisis after crisis behind the scenes.

We didnt go up, and the three weeks after were beyond a catastrophe, but looking now, Sept 1st, I feel so optimistic about the clubs future (even if I am worried about Bruce).

In April, I and most here thought that we may go up, but would be back down again quicker than Usain Biult.

Now, if we go up, I feel we will go from strength to strength.

As said, only wirry now is Bruce's tactics

Jury's out on the new CEO; fans will inevitably think of Fox. But I suspect he's the real deal.

Think the new owners have done well. Don't know who sourced the new signings, but they've all improved what we have. This is the sort of determination which got City where it is. We've a long way to go and it's going to be a hard struggle, but we're going in the right direction.

Jury's out on the new CEO; fans will inevitably think of Fox. But I suspect he's the real deal.

Think the new owners have done well. Don't know who sourced the new signings, but they've all improved what we have. This is the sort of determination which got City where it is. We've a long way to go and it's going to be a hard struggle, but we're going in the right direction.

I take it the reference to City isn't about being just outside the relegation zone so it must be Man City.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10176070/filing-history

There's a shed load of stuff happening with Recon Group Ltd today. What does it all mean?

This is out of my field but it does look like "14 September - cancellation of shares." That amount is a whopping £54 Millon and the entry is I think against Recon and not NSWE, therefore, it's against Tony Xia but I'm not entirely sure?

Only yesterday in another post I said I would put money on that Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens are squeezing Xia out of the club so does this mean Tony Xia has actually gone?

He was trying everything to save face but I would.nt be surprised if he's gone?

Until we hear an actual statement we won't know unless someone on here can clarify what those transactions actually mean?..... Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just checked and Tony Xia is still classified on Companies House as "Active" so who knows at the moment but I'm sure it's only a question of time before they squeeze him out.

Last edited:
Isn't £54 million the amount Sawiris and Edens paid for a controlling share of the club?
Why it's dated September will be down to administration delays.

I wonder if the master plan for the stadium and surrounding area is still live. Steve Bruce, luke organ and others have all previously commented on how mind blowing it was.

I wonder if the master plan for the stadium and surrounding area is still live. Steve Bruce, luke organ and others have all previously commented on how mind blowing it was.

So thats why Bruce thinks Jedinak is a centreback, Xia blew his mind.

As I understand it, there are three "companies" involved:

Aston Villa Football Ltd. which is the club, and is wholly owned by:
Recon Football Ltd. which is the parent company, and essentially the parent company used by Lerner but under a different name, which seems to be wholly owned by:
Recon Group Ltd. which I thought was simply Xia's presence in the UK but which actually seems closely tied to the club. This is the one in which there is currently much activity.

Haven't the faintest what is going on, but it could either be Xia getting out, or alternatively the direct links being severed between the company and Villa, so that Edens and Sawaris leave Recon Group Ltd.

Probably just trying to tidy it up the corporate ownership following the takeover

The £54,545,454 shares cancelled equals the previous number of ordinary shares (£30,000,000 NSWE, £24,545,454 recon).

It seems like they recently added 11,000,000 new shares and I would guess split it at the same % as before (55% NSWE, 45% Recon)

FYI Recon / Xia still own an additional £49,133,436 “deferred” shares with no voting rights or dividends. Taking a guess I would assume this has something to do with the “purchase of own shares” and the new number of deferred shares will equal 10,000,000

The end result will be the same except the figures are more rounded

thought that was the reason. ( I haven't a clue about deferred shares etc). All I know is that bas***d Ellis made me sell my two shares I bought in the 60s to help rescue Villa.