The All New Takeover Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

Feel good factor back. OK, we're Villa; it'll all disolve in tears in 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, or even 1 day. But enjoy it while it's there. Fans are entitled to a bit of delusion.

If this is for real, one of the most satisfying bits is the message it sends to the vultures who have been circulating; Stoke, Baggies, the lot. Sorry, we're back!

It maybe we still have to deal with FFP its not the fines but they can impose a transfer ban I believe,which yes could be ignored this season
but I do not know enough about it if it could be inflicted next season.

Bournemouth got away with a fine. It was deemed they didn't intend to break it.

Think the EFL would have some sympathy for our predicament, as a lot of our troubles are historical. Also, get the feeling that the EFL wouldn't like to see one of their biggest (or the biggest) clubs go under. So if we do break FFP then maybe they'd stick with a fine.

The fact we have now changed ownership is HUGE for FFP for me in terms of offering mitigation.

The thing is we blow that mitigation unless we continue to take further steps to come into compliance. We can do that by keeping Jack and others, but get rid of (at lower fees now) McCormack et al.

It'll chip away at the hole maybe more slowly, but it still chips away and if new owners can bolster that with sensible sponsorship ideas etc etc.....we can argue good faith so it's an off book fine only - not embargo etc.

After the last few weeks, this is probably the best news we could have possibly hoped for . I must say that the first action of the new co-owners CANNOT be to sell Jack Grealish. They surely must be able to find a way of keeping him. In fact i'll be expecting a new contract announced by Monday please:please:

This all feels a bit surreal! I'm trying to be sceptical after everything that has happened over the years and I won't be completely happy until the dodgy Dr is out of the door. We already know so much more about these guys though and I'm massively encouraged by the Wes Edens video. Let's hope they are sensible owners and won't gamble like Tone, really looks like they are proper businessmen though, please lord!

The appointment of a new CEO is the first priority and will give us some sort of indication of how these new guys are looking at restructuring the club.

Once we look at his or her's previous history of course!?

Last edited:
Have to say , this is the best I've felt since the morning of 26th May.
Through all this adversity comes some ray of hope

Blimey. I stay away from the forum for the day and look what happens.

Haven't really read much through but after the last two takeovers ultimately ending in disaster for the club I will be getting splinters from here on the fence .