The Alan Hutton Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Alan Hutton Thread

If AH gets a 2 year deal then fair play to him. If he goes, he does so with his head held high.

A player who gave everything he had got often in a losing team and one who won over many with his work ethic. I hope he gets a good reception on his return to VP if this goes through.

It will get lots worse unless we can get shot of Xia and find a genuine owner

I agree, it seems the good doctor needs to leave and sell to someone who can hopefully at a minimum pay the tax bill and keep the club above water.

Similar to Platt.

I bloody love Hutton,was hoping for the fairytale ending of him blasting in the winning penalty, but alas....

But he is 33, we have younger full backs, we need to cut the wage bill and its time to look to the future.

Al can go, head held high, always be welcome back at VP and hopefully, everyone will end up a winner.

The king is gone , long live (and all that)

Me, I hope he stays. Unlikely, with us needing to chop the wage bill. Pity. Would he accept lower wages, I wonder.

Suspect the silence at the moment is that financial matters are still in the balance. Think we'd need to be sorted for the medium term for him to be offered a new deal.

Hutton has been brilliant, cult hero deservedly and will always be remembered fondly, but, he's 33 and in our predicament we have to use our head not heart , not that we have any say of course . Pissed off we are having to make these ruthless cuts now

Had a text from my mate earlier who is a forest fan saying they were interested in Hutton. Checking on here seems its true. His text had the tone of 'oh ffs why him' so i put him straight on how positive most of us feel about him and what they are getting.

On reflection maybe its for the best. Like has been said he can go with his head held high for how it has turned out for him after the treatment by a certain crap manager. But he is 33 and he could decline at any time. It could easily be next season. So lets call it a day and end with mutual respect rather than it turning sour if his perfomances drop off and the boo boys throw their toys out.

Lastly Al.
Where i sit we still laugh about those tackles on Shane Long and Berahino.

Alan Hutton... the scottish cafu.

Not bothered. Treated like shite under Lambert but turned out to be a great servant in the Championship. Leaves with cult hero status joining the likes of Juan Pablo Angel and Salifou.

That said, he isn’t good enough for the premier which is proven and he’s not good enough against the top teams challenging for the prem as evident a few times this season. I’m prepared to take that step into the unknown, it’s risky but we’ll need to take risks on players now.

Seems to have a seriously high fitness level I definitely think you'd get another 2 seasons out of him before he starts to lose the pace. Another criticism of our backline is that he might actually be the quickest defender we have.

Good player. Outstanding Professional. Treated like absolute garbage by the club, still stayed on and signed a new deal (probably at a lower wage). Got lots of flak from the fans at times, yet never whines and never hid in games... How many fullbacks has he seen off... Luna, Crespo, DeLaet, Richards, Bree, Taylor.... I’m sure there’s more....

Hutton says on Twitter that he has not left the club. Presumably that means it's still up in the air as to whether he'll be offered another contract. He must know there is a possibility, otherwise he'd just go.

Have you got the tweet Mc, I searched but had no joy and caught something about instagram but I don't how to use that.

Can you access his responses to others SJH? Apparently that's where he claimed not true but nobody (that has covered it) is producing his response.

Can you access his responses to others SJH? Apparently that's where he claimed not true but nobody (that has covered it) is producing his response.

Yeah, you can see them when someone to responds to a follower but having had a quick look I can't see anything. Then again it is a bit like searching for a needle in a haystack.

If anyone wants to skim through his Instagram posts here it is...

https://www.instagram.com/hutton02/?hl=en