The Alan Hutton Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Alan Hutton Thread

Played well today again, he has grit, determination and an affection for Aston Villa.
It would be great to see him get an extension of one year to his contract, depending on FFP & if we manage promotion to have more prem money to play with

I really like Mutton. He went through all the bomb squad crap and came out the other side with his chin up. He's a proper professional too.

Still, why are we always in a rush to throw around new contracts?

Today I thought Hutton showed all the reasons why I love him and all the reasons why I wouldn’t give him a new contract.

You can’t knock the blokes effort and passion, during our humiliating relegation he was possibly the only player who could hold his head high and say ‘at least I tried’ BUT as I said at the time, if Alan Hutton is the fans favourite then you know you’re in trouble.

Today, for all the endeavour when he won the ball, we got an aimless punt up the pitch. For every wholehearted committed run, there was a blind pass to nobody.

I really like and respect Alan Hutton, but at the end of the season he needs to move on - and he’ll leave with my best wishes.

I have to agree with M4P, I think that's the best summary I've seen so far.

I would also add that we're only in a position to offer him a contract if we go up. I would hope that where he is playing would be identified as an area for improvement anyway so to me, he should be departing if we get promoted.

Yeah, it seems sense has come to the fore....

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-contract-latest-could-14299817

Get the impression JT is enjoying his time with us. Playing for someone other than Chelsea to finish off his career gives him a new experience and I think he appreciates that.

Don't think he'll hang up his boots if he feels he's got that one more year in himself, although I'm sure he's keen to get his coaching career started.

JT will leave at the end of the season.
If we go up he will not want to play against Chelsea. A big reason why he didn't sign for a premier league club for this season.
If we don't go up i think he will retire rather than another season of EFL. Abroad maybe a possibility though.

However, as this is the Hutton thread. Give him another year whatever league we are in.

Not going off topic but talk of a 12 month option on JT (not confirmed). Whether that applies for Prem or Champ only if real is open for debate but at his age he won't play every game even if we're still in Champ, so not facing Chelsea isn't an issue.

think Terry is angling for a job coaching at Chelsea when Conte is sacked
but as it's the Hutton thread
can't afford the wages in the champs
and he'd need be one of many to replace in the Prem (if we get there)

Alan Hutton may well still remain a lion in claret and blue.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524343">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>