The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread

Express your man love for Elmo here!

In fairness to our Egyptian full-back, I think he goes under the radar a bit.

He was Opta's man of the match against Bournemouth and his great engine get him up and down the wing without breaking a sweat.

I don't think he gets enough praise for the job he does for the team but it's no coincidence that everything went down the right wing against Bournemouth and Spurs.

Always had a hard time from the fans because of preconceived opinions of him. There was a lot of outrage when he was linked to us before signing, and some don’t like to change their mind. Always thought he was better than the Scottish Cafu myself, can whip in some good crosses. I do worry about him defensively sometimes though

Also flawless in the playoffs and had a great AfCoN, yet he’s most people’s tip for the elbow.

We’re certainly fickle

Not sure its a case of being fickle. Its more different opinions. 2 or 3 times Engles had to go rushing out to the wing Saturday as Elmo had gone missing. Its not a case of slating him more an opinion on what you see.

what? or should that be #? in these modern days!?
I have no idea but noticed my oldest son doing it on his mobile to end messages quite a lot,

Just asked him and apparently it means professor, I asked him again what does that mean and he says you put that at the end if you think somebody knows what they are talking about. Still none the wiser

#codger

These players were bought for their potential and to add value. Young and hungry to coin a phrase :lol:

Merd . You have disgraced yourself and the forum. I thought this expression had been successfully purged from here never to be used again.
It shouldn't even be used in jest. Please stop this practice immediately.

This is the same Elmo who was booed off when we lost against Leeds at VP after yet another disastrous mistake lost us the game, he's now the greatest right back we've had since Alan Hutton

I didn't want him when we signed him. Thought he was rubbish when I'd seen him for Hull and just didn't want him.

But he won me over and I was a fan for a couple of years.

Last season he was making too many mistakes and I turned on him, but to be fair since Smith came in he's got his form back and has been decent.

I do like the look of Guilbert though, but happy for Elmo to keep playing if it helps Trezeguet settle quicker.