The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread | Vital Football

The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Villa have a new signing on the way, this time from Hull City...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523228">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Gregg Evans, one of the Birmingham Mail Villa reporters has tweeted and facebooked:

Ahmed Elmohamady will join Aston Villa in next 48 hours. Agreed fee with Hull City and he's left the training camp in Portugal. Will have more info on the fee and length of contract when I know it.

any quick reactions? Doing a front page article and I'll add a few of your thoughts

The Fear - 17/7/2017 18:11

any quick reactions? Doing a front page article and I'll add a few of your thoughts

I've just read on Twitter Elmohamady will be our first Egyptian since Nigel Sphinx.

Just what we need another right wing back fullback type to join the other half a dozen we already have FFS

A waste of £1m.

We can't get rid of our rubbish but always seem keen to pick up everyone else's.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 17/7/2017 18:30

I trust Steve Bruce to know who he's signing and for what reasons. He knows what it takes to get out of the Championship.

I think he's forgotten.

Well, he's coming regardless of what we think so I wish him well and hope he plays to 100% of his full capabilities for Bruce and the team.

A mixed and slightly underwhelmed reaction to the signing of Ahmed Elmohamady

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523229">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

While I don't mind El Mohamady the footballer - he is a good solid player who has held his own in the premiership for a few years - I am puzzled about signing a player in the position he plays in.
Does it mean Hutton is off to Wednesday as rumoured ?

Hopefully he'll be as good as the other North African wingers who have played for us...

Hassan Hachoul and Mustapha Hadji!!

:76:

Fulford - 17/7/2017 18:23

A waste of £1m.

We can't get rid of our rubbish but always seem keen to pick up everyone else's.

So for £1m Bruce has secured 2 experienced premiership players in Terry and Elmohamady and a goalkeeper that has shown some promise again from the premiership.

High risk but could be decent business.

To think we bought Gollini, Elphick and Adomah for £12m.

I know which 3 I would take.

Absolute tosh of a signing. Was bang average at best for Hull City and now we have signed him. Terry must be wondering why the hell we have suddenly looked at players like this - Elmohamedy is not the required standard we need - we have better already at the club. Poor choice and Dr X should be angry his money is being wasted on crap like this. This calibre of player will not help us get back in to the Premiership. Hull City and Allam must be laughing their heads off at getting Elmohamedy off their books.

tarzansbrother - 17/7/2017 20:44

Fulford - 17/7/2017 18:23

A waste of £1m.

So for £1m Bruce has secured 2 experienced premiership players in Terry and Elmohamady and a goalkeeper that has shown some promise again from the premiership.

High risk but could be decent business.

To think we bought Gollini, Elphick and Adomah for £12m.

I know which 3 I would take.

That's a very good point.

We really need to shift 10 players out the door and soon . I don't think that's an exaggeration either.
Seems like another run of the mill player from what I'm reading , not that any of us have ever really seen him play have we ? MOTD highlights don't really qualify do they either way ?
Where's our resident Hull city /Steve Bruce fan when we need him?