The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread

He's signed for the Villa and will pull on the shirt so I hope he gives back 100% of the faith Bruce clearly has in him in every game.

I wonder if it also confirms Bruce is looking to play a 3-5-2 formation?

McParlandTheGreat - 19/7/2017 17:13

Hmm! So, on the right hand side we have Elmo, Hutton, De Laet, Bree, Adomah, and it's Green's natural side. Minimum.

not to mention Richards and Bacuna

Villan57 - 19/7/2017 17:19

McParlandTheGreat - 19/7/2017 17:13

Hmm! So, on the right hand side we have Elmo, Hutton, De Laet, Bree, Adomah, and it's Green's natural side. Minimum.

not to mention Richards and Bacuna

I'd love to see Richards and Bacuna leave the club (plus plenty of others) but with the stupid contracts they both have and that's going to be hard.

Also for some crazy reason, SB seems to like Bacuna who I personally think is a complete liability with his childish temper and bog standard skill level.

Personally, its a bit of a meh signing (voted that) but the fact is Bruce has signed him enough times and he has been promoted 3 times - so he knows how to get out of this league and can do it.

Welcome Ahmed - don't let us down kid

Not massively thrilled by the signing but I hope he is a good player for us and I look forward to seeing him on the pitch in a villa shirt

Bruce obviously thinks he's better than what we have or lets hope he does and he's not just a stocking filler .
allegedly is or was a good crosser of a ball , Adomah excepted none of the other could cross their legs

To be fair, aside from Adomah and Green we don't really have any players who are 'proper' wingers, or at least are capable of playing like one.

This is where Elmo could be valuable IMO. When you look at the amount of players we have who can play on the right it looks like a strange signing, but how many can call on a career's worth of experience in there? Just one.

I don't really have anything against Elmo.
Where my disagreement with this signing comes from is, we have very limited funds and we really need strengthening in other area's urgently.
If we don't manage to strengthen in those other area's, we can say Goodbye to any chance of making the play-offs.

I guess if he can consistently get up and down the right, and provide some ammunition he will be an asset. Obviously has the trust of Bruce, and seems to want to be at Villa. Guess we cannot ask for much more than that in our current predicament.

Good luck Elmo.

I would think we will be desperate to unload 2 or 3 of Bacuna, Hutton, DeLaet and Richards

First day back at work today after my summer hols break so I've not had chance to chat to Hull City fans about Elmohamedy. My opinion has always been that he is awful (despite a decent game against a second tier German outfit). The general consensus among the Tigers fans at work is that he was great to start off with - his first season he was really good, but he has since become very complacent and lazy and his workrate had tailed off alarmingly last season. Let's just say they are glad to see the back of him. On that basis we might get one decent season out of him but beyond that - whether we get promotion or not - we may well have to look for a replacement. I fear Elmo will become just another one season wonder and we will have to hope we can offload him next summer.