Terror Attacks | Page 38 | Vital Football

Terror Attacks

I thought it was a Palestine flag on Choudry, as I caught a glimpse of black - and I can only think of Palestine with black, green and white. It looked like another player had a Nigerian flag.

There was a big March in London to support Palestine today, I saw the odd flag in the stands so I doubt it’s fake.

Good on them 👍🏻

I'm erring on not fake, but clearly selective coverage from the Beeb as I've just replayed the celebrations from the game and I can see the green and white on Fofana is it - nowt on Choudhury and not that photo post on the tweet - but it also looks like there's a message on it but I can't make it out.

All of my Muslim friends on social media are very busy sharing posts about Palestine. What the Israelis are doing/have been doing for decades is a disgrace and a stain on humanity.

Still, why is Palestine such an emotive issue? There wasn't a peep out of the same people when children were being routinely bombed in Yemen. Not a squeak when ISIS were murdering children in Syria. Nothing at all when Syrians were leaving by the million to escape the civil war and their neighbours refused to take them in so they ended up walking to Europe. Even when Obama was drone bombing schools and weddings, they said nothing.

Why is this different from those?

Perhaps this is whataboutism. None of it justifies what the Israelis are doing. I'm just curious why Palestinian children are worth so much more than Yemeni children.

All of my Muslim friends on social media are very busy sharing posts about Palestine. What the Israelis are doing/have been doing for decades is a disgrace and a stain on humanity.

Still, why is Palestine such an emotive issue? There wasn't a peep out of the same people when children were being routinely bombed in Yemen. Not a squeak when ISIS were murdering children in Syria. Nothing at all when Syrians were leaving by the million to escape the civil war and their neighbours refused to take them in so they ended up walking to Europe. Even when Obama was drone bombing schools and weddings, they said nothing.

Perhaps this is whataboutism. None of it justifies what the Israelis are doing. I'm just curious why Palestinian children are worth so much more than Yemeni children.

yep, why is some black bloke in the US killed by cops more headline news than Dalian Atkinson is here? No protests in the streets over Dalian, no taking the knee , fuck all

yep, why is some black bloke in the US killed by cops more headline news than Dalian Atkinson is here? No protests in the streets over Dalian, no taking the knee , fuck all
I find it all very very very strange.
Yep you won't find citizens of USA out protesting and ripping down statues for Dalian.
We live is a strange world.
Again. Humans are disgusting and we desperately need aliens to come and save us from this hell.

I find it all very very very strange.
Yep you won't find citizens of USA out protesting and ripping down statues for Dalian.
We live is a strange world.
Again. Humans are disgusting and we desperately need aliens to come and save us from this hell.

To me it shows how we are almost being told what to think by the media, it's become almost impossible to have your own views on things these days, without being thought of or accused of being some sort of "ist"

I now await the IRA becoming freedom fighters by the younger generation

Going off topic here I guess, however this pick and choose protesting is certainly a thing isn’t it ?.

Only said the other day to someone how the tragic murder of the lady walking her dog , Julia James, in Kent has been dealt with very differently to Sarah Everard. No protests, no politicians on the band wagon, no mass demonising of men.

Although i probably could answer my own question here by saying Sarah Everard was murdered by a police officer while Julia James was a Kent police employed PCSO......

Funny how people value lives differently to suit though.

I'm not sure what it is about Yeman that solicits so much indifference yet we all need to care about Palestine and donate money which in some circumstances will reach Hamas.

Israel is a truly appalling state but Saudi Arabia are far worse but there's hardly a peep when it comes to the atrocities they commit.

I had a strange thing with my missus this week that got to me. Debenhams came up on the news as the second or third headline, and she commented along the lines of “that’s very sad”.

I absolutely lost it with her, not like me I’m a fairly easy going person outside of my busy work, but it just flicked a switch. This headline was after the news of over a hundred civilians including 30 odd children being killed by air strikes, yet her vocal reaction was about the fact she’s got one less high street shop she can go into on a weekend (which she never went to anyway like everyone else), which for me is just capitalism at play. The news also added Amazon were increasing their warehouse capacity and staff.

I might not post about this stuff but I do try and read my fair share of worldwide news and I think it all sounds tragic. Rohingya’s in Myanmar, schools kids in Northern Nigeria murdered by ISIS, Millions of Yemeni families starving, Xianjangy citizens, dropping barrel bombs on schools in Syria. The list of third world Muslims being treated like pawns in proxy wars or political or race extermination’s is long and I struggle to comprehend it in the 21st century.

I just don’t know what you can do about it as an individual. Posting on social media probably won’t change an awful lot, we need an era of western world leaders who are more progressive than arming up segments of a region whilst the other is armed by another power, with the aim of keeping the peace. But that is obviously much easier said than done.

Last edited:
Biden says Israel have a right to defend themselves. Fair enough.

But they are also on the offensive with deadly air strikes that see a third of casualties being innocent kids with missing limbs being taken to hospital as corpses or being recovered from crushed buildings.

Where does this become than defence and more like a war crime? I think the words from Biden have been wholly underwhelming. It’s a soft as shit response from him in my opinion.

We should never look to America for ethical leadership when it comes to foreign policy, they always have and always will cause more harm than good.

We should never look to America for ethical leadership when it comes to foreign policy, they always have and always will cause more harm than good.

The rest of the world doesn’t have the power or want to step up.

I don’t know the politics of the United Nations (no pun intended) but I’ve no doubt the US is basically the voice and everyone else falls into line. If Biden gives a message along the lines of “carry on but call it defence”, I’m fairly sure the European leaders will have to pay lip service to it.

The rest of the world doesn’t have the power or want to step up.

I don’t know the politics of the United Nations (no pun intended) but I’ve no doubt the US is basically the voice and everyone else falls into line. If Biden gives a message along the lines of “carry on but call it defence”, I’m fairly sure the European leaders will have to pay lip service to it.
Funny how Biden can make his principled stance against the UK in favour of Ireland but then cant see anything wrong with Israel.
Hypocrite.

I think its a greater "perceived" in-justice and most likely far greater media coverage. Another thing is you don't see Palestinian refugees on the scale of say Syria. Maybe that comes into play too?

There's a lot of atrocities going on in the world we arent even properly caught up with. I just read last night about a potential genocide in Ethiopia and we don't know about it because it. Probably because nobody really cares and there is a media black out.

Its fair to say media controls thought for a lot of people. I wasnt really aware the level and extent Obama committed war crimes too.

Its fair to say media controls thought for a lot of people. I wasnt really aware the level and extent Obama committed war crimes too.

I’m not that clued up on this point, but if you asked the average Brit what they thought of Obama it would all be positive and some might even quote Nobel peace prizes. But from the small amount I’ve read on Obama, he is and was far from some evangelical saint that he’s made out to be on some fronts.

A lot of Americans aren't even clued in and for some people, it's willful ignorance.

The misses thinks Obama was hot shit and was happy to back Shillary over Trump. She is willfully ignorant of those things. IMO nobody wants to believe you're choosing the lesser of two evils. Especially when both are milestones in diversity.

Obama was a classic politician, appeared to be a decent president but also didnt manage to get a lot of what he wanted done and did some war criminal shit. Bush was a war criminal, Trump was just a criminal and Hillary is a war criminal and probably would have done worse than Obama.

This was one of the bravest things any American has ever done.

A lot of Americans aren't even clued in and for some people, it's willful ignorance.

The misses thinks Obama was hot shit and was happy to back Shillary over Trump. She is willfully ignorant of those things. IMO nobody wants to believe you're choosing the lesser of two evils. Especially when both are milestones in diversity.

Obama was a classic politician, appeared to be a decent president but also didnt manage to get a lot of what he wanted done and did some war criminal shit. Bush was a war criminal, Trump was just a criminal and Hillary is a war criminal and probably would have done worse than Obama.

This was one of the bravest things any American has ever done.

My old jungle trekking buddy is from California. He loves Obama. Any criticism of him being generally ineffective in office or all of the drone bombing gets brushed aside with comments about Bush Jnr and Trump.

I figure Hillary would have found a war to start/get involved in somewhere if she had become President. In fairness to Trump, he was a terrible President but at least he didn't start another war.