Terror Attacks | Page 31 | Vital Football

Terror Attacks

I believe something like 21 Democrat senators voted against authorising military force, a pretty chunky number. Biden seemingly swayed by the propaganda in ways those 21 weren't and/or not quite strongly committed enough to an anti-war position. It just doesn't reflect well on him at the end of the day.

21 votes is nothing. You'd get that many anti war votes no matter what the evidence, on principle.

Have you seen the film Vice? It is a very good dramatisation on how Cheney was running the show.

Debatable whether 'we've beaten it' really when you look at the Evangelicals and sects in the US - but again that could be the age element.

Anyway, I'm going off topic here lol

It's not really off topic. Christians use terror attacks against Gays in Uganda, and are funded by US churches, so it's on topic.

When I say we've beaten it, I meant it no longer controls society. Although America is going towards that Theocracy, as Pangloss said.

21 votes is nothing. You'd get that many anti war votes no matter what the evidence, on principle.

Have you seen the film Vice? It is a very good dramatisation on how Cheney was running the show.
It was 42% of Democrat senators at the time. Either way it's fair enough if you want to defend Biden for voting for it. I just personally think it reflects badly on him but I guess I take a harder line stance when it comes to that war. Most thinking people saw through the propaganda.

It was 42% of Democrat senators at the time. Either way it's fair enough if you want to defend Biden for voting for it. I just personally think it reflects badly on him but I guess I take a harder line stance when it comes to that war. Most thinking people saw through the propaganda.

I suppose part of it is guilt on my part, because I completely bought the propaganda they fed us. It was only after the event that I saw it for what it was.

Their religion is 400 years younger, and it we beat Christianity with truth and science, not violence. It's the only way to beat extremist Islam.

This a very over simplistic view.

The story of Jesus(Christianity) was way before it's time;

A guy preaching equal rights 2000 years ago? We are still struggling with that concept today. Unconditional love and equality 2000 years ago(despite the works written before him and the way society was back then). A time where slavery was rife and when women definitely were not treated on a par. Science hasn't brought peace, or unconditional love, still today this concept is being sought, yet failing on all levels..

Extremism and terrorism - can come about with any subject/movement that can yield power over someone else.

Another terrorist attack in France. A teacher was beheaded for daring to discuss caricatures of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad with his class.

Sadly, the suspect was shot dead by police...... pity, I'd of liked him to suffer for a while.......

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-17/france-in-shock-after-teacher-beheaded-in-new-terror-attack
The problem is he wouldnt of suffered. He would have been housed, fed and educated.
Granted, if i ruled the world he would have been:
Tortured.
Resuscitated.
Tortured.
Resuscitated.
Tortured.
Resuscitated.....
Until he died of old age.
Like many of the nob heads we currently pay for.

I hated David Cameron with passion but did find his notion of 'muscular liberalism' to be useful. Western societies should be actively opposing ideas and forces which run contrary to enlightenment principles.

I am not going to pretend to know which is right or even best but I do think you let people have their beliefs and just oppose the things that run contrary to our laws.

Ultimately they hate our freedoms and it's a form of guerrilla warfare, our strengths become our weaknesses. Similar to how Russia and China exploit that with cyber warfare in the west too. Our open society, unfettered internet access and general freedoms is a strength and a weakness.

I am not going to pretend to know which is right or even best but I do think you let people have their beliefs and just oppose the things that run contrary to our laws.

Ultimately they hate our freedoms and it's a form of guerrilla warfare, our strengths become our weaknesses. Similar to how Russia and China exploit that with cyber warfare in the west too. Our open society, unfettered internet access and general freedoms is a strength and a weakness.
What you say sadly is correct, but where possible we need to change the law and make it easy where applicable to remove those that we know are involved in terrorism who have dual nationalities and are a threat to our population and our way of life.
We are far to squemish about their rights.

That's just not true Wittonite matey. See Shamina Bagum (sp) for a start.

Those laws are in place in the UK at least.

I've actually stayed out of this thread as I'm just having a grumpy day anyway.

But there's far more to this than typical tabloid and emotive coverage and that in no way means I defend the **** who attacked the teacher as he did get what he deserved.

I might come back tomorrow, but I'm going to seriously go off on one if I cover everything about this tonight and I'd offend someone (many) without meaning to, so I'll back quietly out for now.