Terror Attacks | Page 30 | Vital Football

Terror Attacks

The problem is, we keep interfering in their countries, so they feel they have a right to fight back.

What would you do if another country was trying to force change on you?

Tut... or go find a queue and start stamping my feet.

I'm an Englishman, isn't that how we react to such things!!!

The problem is, we keep interfering in their countries, so they feel they have a right to fight back.

What would you do if another country was trying to force change on you?
I'm not sure what this really means in the context of the Charlie Hebdo attack. These attacks were 'justified' by the magazine's 'cartooning' of muhammad and what happened the other week seemed to be a response to republishing those cartoons.

It is never OK to murder people because they offend your religious sensibilities.

Looks like the guy who shot the policeman in Croydon was being watched as a possible terrorist.

I'm not sure what this really means in the context of the Charlie Hebdo attack. These attacks were 'justified' by the magazine's 'cartooning' of muhammad and what happened the other week seemed to be a response to republishing those cartoons.

It is never OK to murder people because they offend your religious sensibilities.

I wasn't condoning it, just trying to understand. If we don't do this, there is no possible end.

Yes, on the face of it, it's about defacing Mohamed, but the root is that we are hated in many Muslim countries for interfering so much. It's easy to demonise us when the West places so many people in danger in their own countries.

If we hope to "make peace" we have to address that.

I wasn't condoning it, just trying to understand. If we don't do this, there is no possible end.

Yes, on the face of it, it's about defacing Mohamed, but the root is that we are hated in many Muslim countries for interfering so much. It's easy to demonise us when the West places so many people in danger in their own countries.

I get where you are coming from, we are hated in Muslim countries, but then we are always being told that we in this country should be more welcoming to Muslims and understand Islam better.
Why.

I don't disagree broadly, I've always been non-interventionist. This is one of the reasons I don't like Joe Biden as he was a staunch advocate for the war in Iraq (yes he apologised for it but sorry not good enough for me).

Not intervening almost anywhere in the world (unless it's to prevent genocide) is a good step for global stability.

Like most religions, the vast majority are peaceful, and really, just like us.

To take the most extreme and extrapolate that to every other Muslim would be like taking a right wing terrorist in America as representative of every Christian.

I mean, what would I do without my local Curry House, which is owned and run by Muslims?

I don't disagree broadly, I've always been non-interventionist. This is one of the reasons I don't like Joe Biden as he was a staunch advocate for the war in Iraq (yes he apologised for it but sorry not good enough for me).

Not intervening almost anywhere in the world (unless it's to prevent genocide) is a good step for global stability.

To be fair to Joe, the evidence Cheney invented, and the way he presented it, left little choice. There are still over 2 million emails missing from the RNC server.

To be fair to Joe, the evidence Cheney invented, and the way he presented it, left little choice. There are still over 2 million emails missing from the RNC server.
Hmmm, sorry again I'm not very sympathetic. Millions who demonstrated against the war world wide could see through it.

Just to back this up a bit more there were certainly no shortage of nays for Democratic senators when it came to the vote to authorise military force.

Last edited:
Like most religions, the vast majority are peaceful, and really, just like us.

To take the most extreme and extrapolate that to every other Muslim would be like taking a right wing terrorist in America as representative of every Christian.

I mean, what would I do without my local Curry House, which is owned and run by Muslims?
Problem is that all other religions are open to humour, ridicule, whatever, but I dont see any other religion going around threatening, or actually killing people who dissent.
It is not compatible with a western democracy, but still they want to come here. Really dont understand it.

We did it ourselves under the guise of God, much like the US as a younger country, Islam is a younger religion - there's very little difference. We've moved on 'religiously', so is Islam with the younger generation coming through.

It's perfectly compatible - some mental nutjobs who don't even understand their own religion doesn't change that.

Hmmm, sorry again I'm not very sympathetic. Millions who demonstrated against the war world wide could see through it.

Just to back this up a bit more there were certainly no shortage of nays for Democratic senators when it came to the vote to authorise military force.

The demonstrations came later, as the truth became evident. I remember the fervour created by the propaganda at the time. There was no sign it was made up.

Problem is that all other religions are open to humour, ridicule, whatever, but I dont see any other religion going around threatening, or actually killing people who dissent.
It is not compatible with a western democracy, but still they want to come here. Really dont understand it.

They are just 400 years behind Christianity. If you look back in history, until we took the power away from the Church, they were very much the same.

They are just 400 years behind Christianity. If you look back in history, until we took the power away from the Church, they were very much the same.
Correct, I read a lot of historical books circa that era, however it was a different world, in a different time and barbarism was par for the course.
That is not now the case on the continent of Europe and I still dont understand why people would want to come to Europe in the full knowledge that the western liberal lifestyle is at odds with their beliefs.

I wasn't implying it was Mike just that the suspect is not likely to be a fine up upstanding member of society and is probably male

Just spotted it as a decent post to make my point as he was arrested for drugs as well, so if religious of any kind - also not following his own religion properly lol

The demonstrations came later, as the truth became evident. I remember the fervour created by the propaganda at the time. There was no sign it was made up.

I believe something like 21 Democrat senators voted against authorising military force, a pretty chunky number. Biden seemingly swayed by the propaganda in ways those 21 weren't and/or not quite strongly committed enough to an anti-war position. It just doesn't reflect well on him at the end of the day.

Correct, I read a lot of historical books circa that era, however it was a different world, in a different time and barbarism was par for the course.
That is not now the case on the continent of Europe and I still dont understand why people would want to come to Europe in the full knowledge that the western liberal lifestyle is at odds with their beliefs.

Their religion is 400 years younger, and it we beat Christianity with truth and science, not violence. It's the only way to beat extremist Islam.