🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Sorry Mutters , should have been “ under Jol with Fulham “......... not “us “ .
Well spotted ha ha . He was early twenties when he came to us I think .

That's too funny. I'd even forgotten Jol was at Fulham. I thought it was Hodgson who sold us Dembele. It turned out Hughes had taken over from Hodgson, got the sack and it was Jol who sold us Dembele before he also got the sack. Then Meulensteen, Magath and Symons took over in short spells before they all got the sack. They ripped through 5 managers in 5 years in that period.

Why has this thread been named as N'dombele's?! Reads more like the Dembo v N'dombele thread!

Anyway N'dombele's stats: Played one, score one.

Dembele's played feck knows how many before he scored.....:wahey:

I think he is settling in and finding more confidence. I like the way he either looks to drive forwards or pass forwards. He will make mistakes but that pass through to Lamela is what we need.

He really is going to be a bit special, I knew he was incredibly highly rated and watching him last season once I knew we were tracking him in the games they showed on BT made him look a standout player, but you always have to wonder if they'll settle, or if they can do it in the PL.

IF we can get Lo Celso to play like he did in the La Liga we have bought two high quality high impact players. Well done Steve, looks like you were spot on.

He got stick in the City game but he actually did quite well. He tired second half. Fitness is certainly an issue with him but that can but changed pretty quickly.

He made some quick passes forward to our front players but apart from Lamela and his goal every time they missed controlled the ball. I actually think the way he see's the game is ahead of our current group.

He got stick in the City game but he actually did quite well. He tired second half. Fitness is certainly an issue with him but that can but changed pretty quickly.

He made some quick passes forward to our front players but apart from Lamela and his goal every time they missed controlled the ball. I actually think the way he see's the game is ahead of our current group.
Totally agree. There was an example in the Villa game where he played a defence splitting pass into the penalty area for Moura to run onto but he hadn't anticipated it (Moura) and was totally flat footed with his back to the goal. He didn't even run. I was watching it in the pub and there were a lot of groans because it looked initially like a bad pass but in fact it was excellent - exactly what we've being crying out for from our midfielders.

Totally agree. There was an example in the Villa game where he played a defence splitting pass into the penalty area for Moura to run onto but he hadn't anticipated it (Moura) and was totally flat footed with his back to the goal. He didn't even run. I was watching it in the pub and there were a lot of groans because it looked initially like a bad pass but in fact it was excellent - exactly what we've being crying out for from our midfielders.

I have a feeling as the season goes on we will get frustrated with our front players.

Or maybe they are not use to him yet. Sometimes it takes time to develop an understanding.
It will be interesting when Alli returns , he makes some fantastic runs into the box which normally only Eriksen or Toby see . Our future doesn’t seem to include those two . Weirdly .