🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

We could start with Dier and replace with Wanyama. The only way he is going to regain match fitness is by playing him, so we have to start somewhere.

Even without Wanyama, I think Skipp could fulfil that subs role.

I would like to see the Dier, Winks pivot and guys like Tanguy and Dele given more freedom in a 3 behind Kane. Most importantly though it is getting the defensive AND attacking midfielders to start operating as a unit again. Can't remember the last time we had all 5 of them defending. Probably City away and that was out of necessity rather than desire.

He hit a pass that was a joy it may have been for a son attempt. I think he whilst not fully fit also has a 'packaging' issue. He doesn't look at all like what he is. Had he been slighted shorter dare I say perhaps white, with long hair folk would be like "yeah classic attacking MF player" he is more like Neves than say Veira but looks like the former. I think we have a bunch of players all being asked to do things that are not there skill set. Winks is another.

Last edited:
We've had some great midfield players in our time, but at the risk of claiming a new brighter dawn, how refreshing was it to see a powerhouse player that can screen, tackle, intercept and read the game and then see his first instinct is to get forward and pass forward with defense splitting balls.

I pray he becomes everything for us that I hoped he would be.

He was worth waiting for, for once, I have to thank Poch for his stubbornness and Steve for scouting him for so long and insisting he was 'the one' - if you're right about Lo Celso too, I'll kiss you on behalf of every Vital Spurs member!

https://tbrfootball.com/tottenham-fans-excited-by-tanguy-ndombele-performance-in-champions-league/

Whilst I can't yet fully celebrate the summer signings, I'm still optimistic about their long term impact at the club. I always was, but obviously wished there were a couple more. Chuffed to see Ndombele's contribution last night.

I just hope Levy doesn't constrain spending too much because we didn't pick up a pile of cash from player sales. Yes, we got money for Walker in 2017 but it looks like most of our impending exodus of that generation won't generate too much. It will be down to what our chairman can release as net spending if we want more Ndombeles, even if Hitchen and Poch do their due diligence well.

His talent was never in doubt. For me his mentality should be questioned.

I do think with the right players around him he can become a very good player for us.

We must sign a DM. It's vital for the next phase of our teams progression.
It was way too soon to talk mentality. Think about new country new job new language and you walk into a toxic shit storm. I blame Pochettino for exposing him to a nasty mess with a back four behind him who All want out and a midfield partner whose wife may be cuckolding him with the Centre back. Talk about soap opera.

It was way too soon to talk mentality. Think about new country new job new language and you walk into a toxic shit storm. I blame Pochettino for exposing him to a nasty mess with a back four behind him who All want out and a midfield partner whose wife may be cuckolding him with the Centre back. Talk about soap opera.

Yeah. HazMat suit toxic. I like him. His first step with the ball is VERY similar to Dembele's. Only Tanguy is a FAR superior passer with better vision.

If he trims down and picks up some pace from that this guy is Yaya level.

I'm a hard man to please. He has hidden in a few games. He is young so I'm hoping he will just start eating teams up within the next few years.

But agree with you, talk about being chucked in at the deep end.

I'm a hard man to please. He has hidden in a few games. He is young so I'm hoping he will just start eating teams up within the next few years.

But agree with you, talk about being chucked in at the deep end.

He's gonna be a monster.

Crucial to get him going and fully integrated in the midfield unit. His engine needs a tune up, but he’ll get there.
For me, it’s easy to see his role in the team. He’s a Dembele replacement, plain and simple. Lo Celso, where does he fit in? Will he replace Eriksen or is he an upgrade to Winks?

He's gonna be a monster.

I always thought he would become one. Just a bit disappointed with his attitude in certain games so far. I have seen him jogging at times when he needed to go sprint mode, so he certainly needs to up his work rate.

Like Muttley keeps saying our manager isn't being harsh enough on certain players. He needs to up his fecking game. Top managers wouldn't tolerate how lazy some have been.

Crucial to get him going and fully integrated in the midfield unit. His engine needs a tune up, but he’ll get there.
For me, it’s easy to see his role in the team. He’s a Dembele replacement, plain and simple. Lo Celso, where does he fit in? Will he replace Eriksen or is he an upgrade to Winks?

I always thought Lo was brought in to replace Eriksen. Just not sure that's his best position. He looks better as a number 8 in the games I have seen.

I always thought he would become one. Just a bit disappointed with his attitude in certain games so far. I have seen him jogging at times when he needed to go sprint mode, so he certainly needs to up his work rate.

Like Muttley keeps saying our manager isn't being harsh enough on certain players. He needs to up his fecking game. Top managers wouldn't tolerate how lazy some have been.

Agreed. There are a couple I'd like to kick.

I always thought Lo was brought in to replace Eriksen. Just not sure that's his best position. He looks better as a number 8 in the games I have seen.

I think the closest we have to Eriksen is Harry Kane. Eriksen probably resents having to do donkey work in MF. I don't blame him really, that's not his strength. He is better slightly further up. We have seen Kane add the provider element to his game last season and more so this season. Ndombele has those unlocking passes in him, so does Lamela and Alli, maybe Loco, dont know yet. I think what we need is a killer striker to compliment and supplement Kane and Son.

I think the closest we have to Eriksen is Harry Kane. Eriksen probably resents having to do donkey work in MF. I don't blame him really, that's not his strength. He is better slightly further up. We have seen Kane add the provider element to his game last season and more so this season. Ndombele has those unlocking passes in him, so does Lamela and Alli, maybe Loco, dont know yet. I think what we need is a killer striker to compliment and supplement Kane and Son.

A new RB and DM need to be brought in ASAP.

Then we need to shift players. No more excuses from the chairman and manager. Then we will need to sign a GK, probably 2 Cbs.

I would love a striker with pace. I just can't see that happening ever under Poch.

I'm with Real Deal on this. I don't think you can question NDombele's ability ... nice touch and makes his mind up quickly which enables him to see a pass and get the ball forward quickly. However, his stamina and overall fitness has been an issue and to me, that question is still unanswered. Sure, he did very well against Red Star, but he has yet to last the pace against better quality.

Not knocking him or calling him a dud, but not ready to call him the second coming just yet either. I expect we'll see some ups and downs from him over the course of the season which is to be expected while he settles in, and we'll have to be patient ... which I know is hard when the team, overall, is struggling.

A new RB and DM need to be brought in ASAP.

Then we need to shift players. No more excuses from the chairman and manager. Then we will need to sign a GK, probably 2 Cbs.

I would love a striker with pace. I just can't see that happening ever under Poch.

Yep I have been calling for a DM and Striker for a long time. But now we have so many holes to shore up...we need RB, CBs as well.

RD we have dying for a bright, young, solid DM for years...a position that is a absolute MUST for any long term successful team. I don't see it happening under MP's reign...I honestly don't think a true DM is in his plan.

Concur on a RB...though I wonder what would happen if KWP was ever given a run of games...I think he could be good. (but he pissed in MPs cornflakes...so that will never happen!)

Striker - Yep been screaming for one of those as well. But unless Kane departs...we will be stuck. Kane plays...and plays all the time...that is MPs rule.

Yep I have been calling for a DM and Striker for a long time. But now we have so many holes to shore up...we need RB, CBs as well.

RD we have dying for a bright, young, solid DM for years...a position that is a absolute MUST for any long term successful team. I don't see it happening under MP's reign...I honestly don't think a true DM is in his plan.

Concur on a RB...though I wonder what would happen if KWP was ever given a run of games...I think he could be good. (but he pissed in MPs cornflakes...so that will never happen!)

Striker - Yep been screaming for one of those as well. But unless Kane departs...we will be stuck. Kane plays...and plays all the time...that is MPs rule.
It's pretty certain we wont get anywhere near what we need. So what is the most glaring weakness ?
RB we have Aurier, Foyth and KWP, but with Dier and Sissoko who can cover. LB we have Rose and Davies, possibly Sess but I dont know how he will pan out. With Rose going, that's weaker than the right.
CB we may only have Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Tanganga and CCV left after the summer.
Dier is a proper DM but we dont need to play one in many games IMO. Sissoko, Winks and maybe Foyth can cover if needed.. CM/AM we are ok. Striker we are one short and I'm not pinning my hopes on Parrott.
LB, CB and Striker seem to need strengthening .